9: Poison

Don't be a silent reader bitchesss :)
Your comments make my day x

Luke and I were on our way to the meeting, and to say I wasn't feeling too good was an understatement

Luke and I were on our way to the meeting, and to say I wasn't feeling too good was an understatement. I don't know if it was because I couldn't remember the last time I ate, or I knew the paparazzi were tipped off and were going to be waiting for us, or the way Luke has been acting around me.

I don't know how to describe the way Luke has been acting but it was different to the way he normally acts around me.

Anytime I try to eat I end up vomiting, so I've been avoiding eating which I guess is a good thing.

Hopefully you'll lose a few pounds. You need to.

Hopefully.

And I don't think the paparazzi is something I can handle today, the small insulting comments and the intrusive questions about me and my personal life, was something I was hoping I would avoid today, but somehow they were tipped off and I know for a fact that they'll be waiting for us.

I open my purse, scrummaging through things, trying to find my pills. I just need one to calm me down.

I must have forgotten them at home because I can't find them.

"You good?" Luke asks, "um yeah I'm fine" I say while looking down at my shaking hands which I quickly shove into the pockets of my hoodie.

We pulled up at our destination and I have never hated Luke so much in my life. He told Ben that we'll be fine without him, that he wasn't needed, that we didn't need fucking security.

No security my ass.

The swarms of paparazzi say otherwise. My hands were shaking, my leg was bouncing up and down but when Luke put his hand on my thigh I stopped bouncing my leg.

"You'll be fine." He says while looking at me.

"Get your nasty 'we don't need security' hand off me. We're fucked, absolutely fucked, watch us get trampled on." I was panicking. I either have days where I can handle paparazzi really well or really shit days, like today.

"Riva breathe." He started to breathe in and out, motioning his hand for me to mirror his actions.

Breathe in...breathe out.

"Okay. You ready?"

No.

"Yeah let's go," my shaky hand goes to open my door but Luke stops me.

"Let's wait 5 more minutes," it's like he read my mind but I also didn't want to be late.

"We'll only be a few minutes late and I'll take the blame."

———————

We had just gotten inside the building after being paraded by swarms of paparazzi. Luke's hand was still resting on my back. I've come to realise he becomes very protective when people invade my personal space but he's probably like that with everyone.