15: Pretend

A/n: Don't be a silent reader hoe 😘

I've been tossing and turning all night unable to sleep with thoughts of Colton running through my head

I've been tossing and turning all night unable to sleep with thoughts of Colton running through my head. I've been staring at the ceiling for who knows how long, trying to distract myself with random thoughts that could eventually bore me and help me sleep but not much was helping.

In the midst of thinking about if gold or silver jewellery suits me better a sudden wave of hunger hits me. I was so consumed in the repercussions of Colton's action my appetite completely disappeared until now.

Deciding maybe if I eat, maybe I'll be able to sleep, so I slowly slip out of bed making sure not to disturb Bailey who's sleeping peacefully beside me. I'm unbothered to put the pants Luke gave me back on as they were uncomfortable and no one will see me at this time of the night and the shirt covers the majority of my thighs anyway.

I make my way toward the door and open it gently trying to avoid any possibility of it squeaking and waking Bailey up, once I successfully open it I do the same to close it and once I do, I make my way downstairs to the kitchen.

I wander through the dark and towards the fridge I open the door but very quickly close it as the light illuminating from it burns my eyes. I slowly open it again and let my eyes adjust to the light before searching for any food I can eat.

After scanning through the fridge I can't find anything that appeals to me, so I settle with grabbing a banana from the fruit bowl on the counter and then exploring the pantry to find some peanut butter. I'm going through multiple draws to find a spoon to scoop my peanut butter out with but I'm struggling to see in the dark, so I make my way towards the light switch. Flipping the switch I turn around only to have my soul leave my body, a figure sits on the lounge in the living room but my heart rate eventually drops down to normal after realising it's just Luke the psycho sitting in the dark and drinking.

"You scared the shit out of me" I whisper scream.

He doesn't even respond but continues to down his drink before refilling it.

"Can't sleep?" I ask hoping for a response this time.

"I don't look to be the only one who can't sleep Amore."

He slowly gets up and makes his way towards the kitchen where I'm standing with a banana coated in peanut butter placed in my hand. He stops in front of me but his eyes trace down to my bare legs.

"Your pants were uncomfortable and didn't fit."

"So you've decided to walk around half naked." I scoff at these double standards.

"Says the one who's wearing no shirt and I also didn't think anybody would be awake this late at night."

Changing the topic he asks, "Why can't you sleep."

"I was hungry...and I keep thinking about Colton but you probably don't really care about that."

"Yeah because I'm smart enough not to waste my precious time thinking about someone so stupid."