Chapter One

Why do I have to be the hero? All I do is mess things up. I was so naive and stupid and in the end Sirius payed the ultimate price. I watched as my own godfather fell into the veil before my eyes. The only person I felt actually cared about me was gone. He was the only person who wanted me to get away from the dursleys and didn't just see me as the boy who lived.

Now here I am walking to the hogwarts express completely drained. I spent this time revelling over this past year. Since the department of mysteries and Sirius' death I've been left alone with my thoughts, for some reason Ron and Hermione haven't been even in the same room as me.

As I get onto the train I try to find a suitable compartment to spend my last few hours of peace. I was walking down the carriages when I see Hermione usher Ron and Ginny into a compartment and quickly shut the door. I was curious as to what was happening so I walked up to the door and pressed my ear against it. They were talking.

"How long do we need to put up with him, he's always getting us in trouble" I heard Ron whine.

"I know, if it wasn't for the money dumbledore keeps giving us I would've ditched Harry ages ago" Hermione replies.

I was in utter shock.

"I can't wait until we get rid of him" Ginny added.

I felt tears come to my eyes. How could they do this? It was all fake? I put all my trust into these people and they were being paid to be there, and by Dumbledore?!

I tearfully ran to the back of the train pushing past all the students I came across. When I got to the back I was suddenly drawn to a compartment. When I walked in there and closed the door I noticed something scratched into the wooden frame of the compartment. I slowly shut the door and got a closer look.

On the wood we're four sets of words. I could barely make them out but when I did it made me tear up. Etched into the wood were the names:

Padfoot
Prongs
Moony
Wormtail

I shakily traced my finger over the lines, taking a little bit longer on padfoot and prongs. I stopped at wormtails. I guess this was the marauders compartments and with this almost comforting feeling I guess there's some sort of spell over it. I realised I need to fix the etchings. I gently took out my wand and whispered "defodio" I slowly gouged out a line through wormtail. I then decided to add myself to the list, it only felt right. I took my time and gently carved out "prongs.jr".

I let out a sigh of relief and placed my wand back into my pocket and turned to look at the compartment. I needed to sit down, all of these emotions clouded my conscience as I took a seat. None of my adventures at hogwarts have ever affected me this much. I decided the best course of action was to get some rest. I know my sleep would be plagued by nightmares but at this point a nightmare seemed more comforting than being in this world.

As I started to fall asleep I had only one thought running through my head.

I wish I could go back and fix everything

A/N: hey everyone! I haven't been active on here for what feels like forever so I decided to start it off with a new story. I'm sorry but I lost motivation on my old book. Hope you all enjoy reading this one tho. I'm aiming to upload every Sunday, Wednesday and Friday:))