Chapter Two

3rd person pov

As he awoke, Harry could instantly tell that something was off. He felt smaller and so did his bed, in fact, it didn't feel like a bed at all. He pondered for a moment, he couldn't see much in the darkness in front of him about where he was. The last thing he remembered was falling asleep in a compartment on the Hogwarts Express so how the hell did he get here? he soon got an answer.

"Up! get up now!" he heard someone shout,

the voice was hugely familiar and as a knock landed on his cupboard door he finally realised where he was. he was back in his cupboard! why is he back here? did his wish get granted? He supposed it did. he didn't have that much time to dwell on this thought though. He needed to get away from privet drive. the one question that plagued his mind though was what year was it, he'd have to find out sooner rather than later.

He got up and opened the door to his cupboard and stepped out. He could not stand the look of this house, it held too many memories for him. He decided to walk out the front door to avoid any confrontation. He knew if he saw them again he would be worse than ever. As he was leaving, however, a newspaper lay on the floor. Harry hastily grabbed the newspaper and stormed out of the house slamming the door on the way. He was done with that part of his life and never wanted to experience that again.

Luckily, Harry had some money in his pocket that he can only assume he stole from either Vernon or Petunia at one point. now that he was away from the house he decided to check that newspaper to see the date.

the date was 19 June 1991.

He wondered why he was sent back when he was ten and not eleven but to him it didn't matter, it gave him a little under a year to prepare for his Hogwarts year and get everything sorted.

however first on his agenda was getting to Gringotts. He needed to figure out where to stay and for that he needed money. He fished out the money from his pocket and summoned the NightBus. Stan did seem a little confused as to why a ten-year-old was catching the bus alone but decided to not ask any questions.

_

Harrys pov

As I got off the knight bus I realised my current dilemma, how was I going to get to Diagon alley? I do not have my wand so I cannot open it alone, so I am going to have to ask the bartender, Tom, was it? However, I will have to spin up a lie as it is still odd for a ten-year-old to be alone asking to get in Diagon. I can say that my parents are waiting for me in there as I was caught up with my friends. That could work

I walked into the leaky cauldron making sure my scar was hidden under my hair and walked up to the counter where tom was.

"Excuse me sir, can you open the entrance for me, I was playing with my friends and my parents told me to meet them in there when I'm done, and I can't get in there alone." I asked meekly

"of course, here let me open it for you" tom replied before walking off towards the entrance.

I followed behind, trying my best to portray a small shy child. When we got there tom opened the entrance for me "don't get lost kid" tom stated before letting me walk through the entrance.

_

As I looked at Diagon alley I was hit by a wave of familiarity; I would change this life and make it better than it was last time. This whole place needs improving and needs to be protected and I will be the one to do it. I will not let this second chance go to waste.

I walked down the alley of bustling shops filled with families, I made my way to the front of Gringotts bank and walked inside. I looked around at the goblins rushing around doing their job and the goblin at the end. I steadily walked up to it and said in full confidence.

"Hello, I'm here to get some money out of my vault"

"name" the goblin replied

"Harry James potter"

Immediately the goblin pursed his lips and his eyes set on a small part of my scar that was visible and instantly called a goblin over. The other goblin instructed me to follow and introduced himself as griphook. He filled me in slightly and mentioned the goblin king ragnok wanted to speak to me about issues with my vaults. I was confused as all I knew about was one vault that I always got my money for Hogwarts from, I have multiple?! How did I not know about this sooner

Let's hope it is not too shocking