Chapter Nine

Hadrian's pov

it took us around 10 minutes from the floo in the ministry to the room where the trial was held. luckily the reporters who got wind of Sirius's trial left us alone. I looked nothing like they thought "harry potter" looked like. there were some hushed whispers about why two ten-year-olds were allowed in the courtroom. because I was the one who demanded a trial, amelia was able to pull a few strings and let me and Ashe in.

I was nervous. I knew that everything should go well as Sirius was innocent but I couldn't help it. I was able to see my godfather again. my grief from my old life was still consuming my mind. the whole time we were walking into the courtroom and when we sat down I kept hold of Ashe's hand. Every time he felt me go too far into my thoughts he gave me and a little squeeze of reassurance.

we were waiting for what felt like forever but was probably only fifteen minutes. then all of a sudden the doors opened and amelia bones walked through and went up to the chair. luckily the minister was busy and it seemed as if Dumbledore didn't know about this yet. it was just amelia's bones and the lords of houses.

"We are gathered today to witness the trial of Sirius Orion Black. recently his heir has realised that he had never got a trial and due to this has called for one." amelia stated as a matter of fact

whispers about the black heir spread across the room.

"bring in the accused" amelia ordered

just then the doors opened and two guards bring in a scraggly human with an appearance I can only describe as a mess. right in front of me was Sirius. my godfather was here. he was so beat up and looked lifeless. I squeezed Ashes hand tighter as my eyes watered. half due to the state he was in but the other was due to the last memory I had of him, looking a lot better cared for but still having the same lifelessness in his eyes. him failing into the veil. him being gone. I thought I would never see him again but here he is around ten feet away from me. I couldn't hold my tears anymore and left some fall. ashe realised this and bring me into a hug, letting me bury my face in his chest.

Remus looked over at us questionably and ashe mouthed 'later'. i continued to silently cry as they locked Sirius up to the chair in the centre of the room and administered the Veritaserum.

"What is your name," Amelia asked

Sirius stared straight ahead, his eyes glazed over

"Sirius Orion black"

"the veritaserum is working" she stated

"did you betray the potters" she questioned

"no" Sirius replied.

a round of gasps spread around the room like wildfire

"Have you ever supported Lord Voldemort"

"no"

"did you kill 12 muggles on the 31st October 1981"

"no"

"who did"

"Peter Pettigrew"

Amelia's eyebrow rose as everyone else paled

"How did he get away?" she asked him

"he transformed into his unregistered rat animagus and ran down into the sewers"

everyone was in a state of shock for a minute until amelia spoke again.

"we've got the answers we need. administer the antidote."

the guards put three drops of the antidote on his tongue and Sirius's eyes became normal and a small smile of relief grazed his face for a split second.

"We have enough evidence to conclude that Sirius Black has been wrongfully imprisoned and is innocent, we will pay for his entire mind healer treatment and give him and his family a compensation of one million galleons and are truly sorry for this situation"

I, having moved my way back out of Ashe's chest breathed a sigh of relief as Sirius was being unchained. both Remus and Ashe's faces were also plastered with big smiles as we saw Sirius stand up. the court was being dismissed and Sirius was told to wait and that his family was here for him. sirius looked shocked for a second, almost as if he thought no one would be here for him but waited nonetheless.

we weaved our way throughout the crowd down onto the courtroom floor right behind Sirius's back not knowing what to say. Remus was the first one to speak

"Siri.." he said, his voice barely above a whisper as his eyes brimmed with tears.

Sirius immediately turned around and with a face of shock, only managed one word before bursting into tears himself

"rem.."

Sirius ran up to Remus and pulled him into a bone-crushing hug as they wept into each other's shoulders. after a minute or two they pulled away and Sirius looked over to me.

"is that?.." he said with uncertainty

"hey, Padfoot.." I whispered as my tears threatened to spill.

sirius instantly pulled me into a soft hug as he whispered about how much I've changed ad how upset he was that he could see me grow as Remus made sounds of agreement. I just allowed myself to melt into the hug as I relished in the feeling of being embraced by my godfather again.

Sirius then looked over at Ashe

"so, who's he?"

"oh, so you see... this is ashe.. my soulmate" is said with a slight chuckle.

Sirius's eyes lit up as he immediately hugged ashe also then started to mumble about how cute he is and that 'my pup has a soulmate'. remus looked on with an amused look in his eyes as I rolled my eyes with a smile.

"come on, let's get you home. we'll sort out the stuff with the mind healers tomorrow." Remus told us all.

We walked out of the courtroom, I had a bright smile on my face and the only thought that was left on my mind was that I finally have a family and how I feel complete.