Chapter Six

Hadrian's pov

It's been a few days since Remus and I got to Grimmauld Place. so far I have been wearing some clothes we found in a storage room, which as soon as Remus found them say they are sirius', and that they were probably left when Sirius started to live with my grandparents. even though I already knew of him running away from my past life I had to feign innocence and had a discussion with Remus about how my grandparents took him in after his unsavoury treatment from his family.

I would tell Remus when we got Sirius back, ill tell them both at once, it would be way easier than explaining things twice.

the clothes were great. the boxes were filled with leather jackets, ripped jeans and graphic t-shirts along with some jewellery. they fit me quite nicely, albeit a little too big that we fixed with shrinking charms me and Remus has guessed that the blood adoption must have changed my build to be more similar to sirius'. I loved my new look. it was different to the hand me down I wore in y past life.

I sent off a letter to amelia bones yesterday, detailing my concerns about my godfather and magical guardian being wrongfully imprisoned and never getting a trial, even though I hate using my fame I did use it slightly but not too much. I didn't want my public image to be a stuck up ten-year-old.

currently, I was in my room, it was just down the corridor from Remus' and eventually also sirius' room just in case I needed them throughout the night. the room was quite cosy, the room was painted a slate grey and had a large bed, donned with pale green sheets with muted green pillows, placed in the centre. in the corner was what I could only describe as a nice reading nook, there were Slytherin green chairs with an array of bookshelves. on the other side of the room laid a large wardrobe which had more than enough space to hold clothes, in all I loved it. I had spent today cleaning it up from the years of not being used but now all that was left was a few boxes of random artefacts and books that were shoved into a corner. as I was arranging them around in my room I felt a pair of eyes watching me.

as I turned around I laid my eyes on a figure, they were quite short, probably a head shorter than me and were wearing a cloak that hid their face, as soon as they saw me their demeanour relaxed.

"oh thank god you noticed me, I didn't know how to get your attention," they said with an exasperated sigh

"Who are you and what are you doing in my room" I replied while narrowing my eyes

"no need to look at me like that, and to answer your question I am death, however, you can call me Ashe"

so this was death, my soulmate?

"Why are you here?" I asked

"well you are my soulmate ent you, you have been fated to be my other half for eons and for those eons I have waited patiently. I didn't want to appear in your past life due to how manipulated you were but as soon as you wish for a second chance I was able to pull a few strings and here you are"

"wait you gave me a second chance? can you take off the hood? I can't really focus when I can't even see who I'm talking to"

"oh yeh how rude of me, I've just come from work and intimidating people is a huge factor of it and without the cloak that never works," he said with a chuckle

as he took off the hood I was met with an adorable sight

ashe was well built but had a sense of femininity around him. his skin was pale and his face was soft but still held some definition. his eyes were a shade of black. they weren't completely black though, more like dusty coal. his hair was an extremely pale grey that one might assume was white at first. his lips had a subtle blood-red hint to them. it was quite a funny thought that the embodiment of death looked like an adorable ten or eleven year old.

I seemed to be stuck in my thoughts for a moment as I was brought back to reality by ashe waving his hand in front of my face

"Helloo, don't tell me I've broken my soulmate this quickly"

"oh oh, I'm sorry it's just the fact that you look so cute!" I responded with a sense of awe

ashe looked almost nonchalant as he brushed it off but there was still a hint of shyness behind his eyes.

"so what does me and you being soulmates entail," I asked

"well so far not much, we are destined to be together and therefore means we are a couple, I'm not going to rush you into anything of course as we get to know each other. ill be leaving the death realm for the duration of your life so I can live it out with you! wouldn't that be fun! id don't want you to be alone as I check in momentarily so I talked with my assistant and she'll be taking over in the meantime and I can be here with you! we will have to talk with your magical guardian though as I will be living here with you until your letter comes and il go through your Hogwarts adventures with you. I'll be going under the name ashe Peverell." he blurted out with an excited tone.

he continued to continue talking and mumbling about how excited he was before I decided to calm him but hugging him, he immediately stopped talking and snuggled into my chest as I rested my chin on his hair.

"let's go talk to Remus then," I said

"Can we stay like this for a few moments" a meek voice replied, muffled by my shirt

"of course, we can"

a/n: finally introduced ashe into the mix. trust me there is going to be more adorableness from him in the future. ill make a chapter soon with drawings of all the characters as an idea of what they look like.