Chapter Seven

a/n: when I draw all the characters ill put a chapter at the beginning with them all and keep adding them as the story progresses :).

Hadrians pov

Ashe and I walked downstairs to the library, for the past few days Remus has dedicated all his time there only coming out for meals. he's a total bookworm I swear, when we were looking around the house when we first got here and we got to the library he acted like a kid in a candy shop.

When I walked in I yelled his name and heard a distant response. I followed the direction I heard the shout and found Remus sitting on a chair reading a book about the founders.

At this point Ashe was hiding around a bookshelf not wanting to be seen, he looked like a shy little puppy. how the hell am I falling for him when we met around two hours ago? right now however I need to focus on talking to Remus.

"hey, moony. can we talk?"

"yeah sure Hadrian, what is it?" Remus replied while putting his book down, he must have seen the nervous look on my face as his brow furrowed in confusion.

"soo, you know the deathly hallows right, and the whole master of death thing?"

he nodded

"well, when I was at Gringotts I figured out some interesting stuff, it turns out you cant become the master of death by collecting the deathly hallows and instead you are chosen by magic. and with that comes the title of being death's soulmate."

"and you're telling me this why?" Remus questioned, more confused than I've ever seen him

"umm, imkindathemasterofdeathandeathmaybehidingaroundthebookshelfrightnow" I blurted out quickly

"uh Hadrian can you repeat that and slower this time"

" I'm kinda the master of death and death may be hiding around the bookshelf right now"

Remus was at a loss for words but after a minute he regained his composure

"so you're telling me you're deaths soulmate," Remus said slowly

I nodded, "however he prefers to be called Ashe when not 'working' if you'll call it that" I added, chuckling at the end.

"ok, so where is he, I wanna meet your soulmate!" Remus said with a newfound enthusiasm

I peeked behind the bookshelf and saw Ashe standing there and grabbed him by his hand. he looked like he was lost in his thought. he snapped out of it when I fully held his hand and looked up at me with a slight smile.

I slowly pulled him around the bookshelf to where Remus was sitting. Ashe just stood there awkwardly, facing the ground and murmured a quick hello.

"you must be ashe, it so great to meet you, ahh! Hadrian has a soulmate. oh my god if Sirius was here he would lose it. you are so cute!" Remus said while moving over to us and giving Ashe a brief hug

Ashe seemed to relax completely and look up at Remus and gave him a friendly smile.

we spent the next hour just talking about what we needed to do with sirius' trial and how we all were, the entire time me and Ashe were sitting on the opposite chair. ashe figured I was a very comfy chair and sat on my lap, not that I was complaining. and I had wrapped my arms around his waist.

we got onto the topic of Ashe coming with me to Hogwarts. the mention of houses came around and Ashe said that due to him being death, Slytherin would probably be the only place he'll be sorted into. I also ended up figuring out that ill either go to Slytherin or Ravenclaw. this time around, Gryffindor really doesn't seem the best place for me.

I'll end up telling Remus about my, time travelling? I guess that's what ill call it another time, probably when we get Sirius back. I don't feel like dropping two bombshells at once.

as we sat there I realised that this felt like home. this was what my childhood was meant to be, just being happy. not doing chores all day, not battling Voldemort, no worries. just being happy with people who care about me. once we get Sirius back we could even act like a proper family.

I never realised how much the Dursleys affected me when I looked in the mirror when I got to Gringotts, I was way too skinny and malnourished. I ended up ordering some nutrition potions however in the meantime I have been altering my appearance with my newly-found metamorphagus ability. I realised that I can also get a potion to fix my eyes. I won't even have to wear glasses anymore!

I realised I never actually had a childhood, I've never felt love from my family. yeah I had Mrs Weasley whenever I went to the burrow but t always felt so fake and looking back at it now, it probably was.

Now, however, I have an absolutely amazing soulmate and a wonderful guardian and should be getting my godfather back. I rested my hair on top of Ashes hair as I thought about this. I was finally able to live out the life I want, not a life that was planned out from the start.

As I was thinking about this, Remus suddenly gained a mischievous smile and stood up

"I think I have a photo album somewhere that james and lily gave me when they died, it has tons of Hadrian's baby photos"

Ashe jumped off of my lap and looked like he was just offered the world

they both ran off and up to Remus's room.

"nooo" I whined but even then couldn't help a smile that rose to my face as I followed them.

This was my family.