Chapter 2 - Gamer

The guy had brown hair that shadowed over his face

The guy had brown hair that shadowed over his face. He wore a blue shirt with a black collar. On his right hand, he wore a Power Glove.

He stared at you before looking at Cruise again. "She doesn't look like you." He said. Cruise scoffed.

You look at Cydnee who was still glaring at the guy with brown hair. "Who's he?" You asked.

"Thats Cyrus. The best gamer among all of us." Cydnee whispered to you. "But he hates everyone and is just a pain sometimes."

"I heard that." Cyrus told Cydnee. Cydnee rolled her eyes. "Yes, I know." She replied.

Cyrus muttered something but you didn't hear. He looked at you and approached you. "And you are?" He asked.

"Y/N." You answered, trying not to sound nervous. Cyrus looked at Cruise and seemed to be comparing the both of you.

"You're shorter than Cruise, you look like a nerd, and you don't look anything like your brother." He said. "Maybe you're adopted."

Cruise heard what Cyrus said and shoved him out of the way. "Don't you dare speak to her like that." Cruise threatened with venom in his voice.

Cyrus shrugged. "Whatever. You idiots have fun with her." He said as he walked away. Cydnee sighed and looked at you.

"Don't listen to him. I bet you and Cruise have a lot in common." She smiled. You look at her with a slight smile, but you knew this was not the case.

You and Cruise are completely different. Cruise was a confident guy who had a way with charm. He also had a lot of friends and fans.

But you were just a shy bookworm who no one even knew existed. It seemed that no one, even your parents, cared about you.

You shrug off the thought. Willow then interrupts the conversation. "So who's Y/N's roommate?" She asked.

"Roommate?" You questioned. You look at Cruise. He put his arm around your shoulder. "Don't worry Y/N. You'll be put in a dorm with someone." He said.

"With you?" You asked. Cruise shrugged. "Depends. We don't choose our roommates." He replied. "But Im sure it won't be someone awful."

You knew better to jinx it so you shut up. "Who's your roommate?" You asked Cruise. "Z4." Cruise replied. You look at Z4, who nodded.

"What about me?" You questioned. "Just ask the principal. He'll give you your room number." Cruise said.

"K." You replied. You then started to leave but Cydnee grabbed your arm. "You're going already?" She asked. You nodded.

"Welp, it was great knowing you!" She smiled as she hugged you. "We're gonna be great friends!" She then released you from the hug.

"Y/N, do you know the way to the principal's office or-" Cruise was cut off by Willow covering his mouth. "Let her do it. You're being overprotective." She chuckled.

"IM NOT OVERPROTECTIVE!" While he started explaining why, you quietly slip out of the scene and start finding your way to the Principal's office.

(After getting the room number)

You started walking in the hallway to find your room. You were expecting to be with someone like Willow or Cydnee or probably someone like Wesley.

But you thought of Cyrus. It was the first time you met and he already seemed to hate you. Or maybe he is always like that.

Either way, he wasn't someone you wanted to be with. Especially when he called you adopted.

When he said that, you remembered the times your mom called you a mistake. But you managed to stop yourself from crying.

"I bet Cyrus will be my roommate." You thought as you soon saw your room. You sighed and hesitated before opening the door.

You look at the brightly lit room. You stepped in and saw that there was a living room, kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom.

You checked each one carefully, making sure that it had everything you needed. The bedroom had 2 separate beds, which made you sigh in relief.

After exploring the room, you had nothing to do. Your roommate wasn't here yet so you just stayed on the couch and thought of the days to come.

A few minutes later, you heard the door open and you look to see who it was. As you had predicted...

...it was Cyrus.

Upon seeing you, he sweared under his breath. "The f***?? Why are you here?" He asked angrily. "Im your roommate apparantly." You replied.

"But I was fine being alone! Why did they put you with me?!" Cyrus growled as he slammed the door shut. You flinched at the sound.

"Great. Now I have to deal with another nerd." He muttered as he walked to the bedroom. You decided to follow him.

Cyrus was mumbling curses and he kept looking at you. You assumed he was glaring at you but you couldn't tell because his hair covered his eyes.

"What do you want?" He said. You shrug. "Im a bit bored." You replied. Cyrus scoffed. "Then jump off a window for all I care." He told you.

You watched as Cyrus went to the bedroom and got out his phone. He was doing something but you couldn't tell what. Then he saw you staring.

"What are you looking at?" He asked. "Nothing." You answered. Cyrus stopped using his phone.

"Alright, before you start living here, I have some rules." He explained as he walked close to you so you could hear him clearly.

"Rule 1, this was and is still my dorm so you do whatever I say.

"Rule 2, do not disturb me when I do my streams or stuff like that.

"Rule 3, I will not do anything for you.

"Rule 4, stay in your bed and don't come crying to me at night.

"And rule 5, shut up when I tell you to."

You nodded at everything he said. Convinced, Cyrus went back to using his phone. You decided to stay on your side of the bedroom and read a book.

You wondered if things would be the complete opposite of what your brother promised.