Chapter 10 - Love

To avoid plagiarism, I used the lines, "I don't know what love is like. I don't know if I've ever felt it" and "All I know is that its something that makes you happy" from the song above.

"Um, I think I heard everything-"

Z4 looked at Cruise nervously while Cruise scoffed. "Pfft. You probably heard some stuff wrong." He said.

"Uh, I think you were talking about how Z4 thinks Im pretty and how he has some kind of feelings for me that he's too shy to admit." I told him based on memory.

Z4 and Cruise looked at each other, obviously surprised that I indeed heard everything.

"Wow, that was, um, an accurate summary of what happened." Cruise stuttered. Z4 smiled nervously.

"Yeah so- mind explaining to me what you were talking about?" I asked. "Sure." Cruise replied as he nudged Z4. "You tell her."

"WHAT?? NO! You tell her!!" Z4 told my brother. Cruise muttered an "ugh" before whispering something to Z4.

Z4 whispered something back but Cruise just pushed him towards me. I look at Z4 in confusion.

He looked back at Cruise, who had a smirk on his face. Z4 sighed and he faced me. "Ok, so, uh, how do I say this-" Z4 stammered.

"Um, ever since I met you Y/N, I, uh, felt like, uh, I just-" Z4 was trying to explain something but he was too shy. "Its just...

"... I like you, Y/N. Like, I really really like you." Z4 finally said with a blush on his face. "As in, I love you."

When he said that, I blushed. "Oh, um, ok. I-" I was speechless. I never felt like anyone would actually love me, besides Cruise.

Besides, this was a different kind of love. It was the kind of love wherein 2 people have romantic feelings for each other.

Z4 was waiting for my response. "Do you love me back?" He asked shyly. I didn't know what to say. I've never felt 'love' for anyone yet.

"I- I need time to think." I replied to Z4. "I haven't actually felt romantic love for anyone yet so I don't know how to react to this."

"That's... fine." Z4 said. "I mean like, you can have time to process this before we actually get into a relaitionship."

I nodded. "Alright, anyways, I think I should get going." I told Cruise. He nodded. "Ok, but remember, just don't think too much about the decision." He replied as he patted my head.

I smiled as I walk out of the dorm. But as soon as I left I thought about what just happened.

Z4 likes me, no, loves me. I wonder why but that was the least of my concerns. What do I do now? Do I like Z4 back? I mean, how does this romantic love work anyway?

Maybe I should ask help from someone. Someone who has experience with relaitionships. The first person I thought of was Cydnee.

She is in a relaitionship with Zane. Plus, Im sure Cydnee would be more than willing to help me out with my problem.

So I ran to her dorm and knocked. It was answered by Blake. "Hey Y/N, whats up?" He asked.

"Is Cydnee here? I need help with something important." I answered. "How important?" Blake questioned.

"Uh, something about how to deal with relaitionships-" "WHAT?!" I heard a voice shriek from inside the dorm. Blake was then pushed aside by Cydnee.

"YOU LIKE SOMEONE?! EEEEEE WHO'S THE LUCKY GUY?" Cydnee asked while screaming in joy. "No, wait, its not like that-" I tried to say but Cydnee was already dragging me to her room.

When we were in the bedroom, Zane was there reading a comic book and looked up at us. "Uh, what-" Zane said awkwardly.

"Zane, out. Now. Sorry, but this is urgent." Cydnee told him. "What do you mean urgent?" Zane asked.

"Relaitionship questions." The cheerleader replied while pointing at you. Zane shrugged and left the room.

"Ok Y/N, spill." Cydnee said eagerly as you both sit down on her bed. "Tell me everything and don't miss any detail."

"I, um, I walked into Cruise and Z4's room and overheard their conversation about me. It turns out Z4 likes me and he even confessed to me.

"Problem is, I don't know what love is like. I don't know if I've ever felt it. The romantic love, that is. All I know is that its something that makes you happy.

"So I don't know how to respond to Z4's feelings for me. I don't know if I feel the same way for him." I explained to Cydnee, who listened to every word I said.

"Hmm, I see. So Z4 confessed his love for you but you don't know if you feel the same way because you don't know what romantic love is?" Cydnee asked.

"Exactly." I answered. "Mm, tough one. I think I know what to do." The happy cheerleader smiled. "Maybe if you would know more about what love is, you can find out if you feel it."

"Eh, there's no harm in learning." I replied. "Good! Now listen carefully." Cydnee cleared her throat.

"Love is a feeling wherein 2 people like each other a lot that they both care for each other and do their best to show loyalty." Cydnee explained.

"Ok, but how do I know if I like someone?" I asked. "Well, you just like them." Cydnee answered. "Like maybe, you think they look cute.

"But looks are the least things to base your likings on. Maybe you see that a person has a good heart and virtues and you admire then for that.

"You may also want to know more about a person." That caught your attention. "Like, say, you're interested in someone.

"Thats why you want to know more about them and it eventually leads to the 2 people knowing more about each other.

"If 2 people know each other really well, then they'll be comfortable around each other and enjoy each other's company better." Cydnee explained.

That last thing sounded familiar: the feeling of being interested in someone to the point of wanting to know more about them.

Wait, I've felt that before. I've felt interested in someone before. But it wasn't towards Z4. It was towards...

"So you're saying that I love Cyrus?"