Chapter 14 - Dream

"Cyrus? Ha! What makes you think Y/N would like him?" Cruise laughed. But I give him a serious look. "Fine, but what if its the other way around?" I said.

"Cyrus liking Y/N?" Cruise questioned. I nodded. "I mean, when Y/N and I were sitting together, Cyrus came and he was showing concern towards her."

"Concern? Thats new." "I know. So what if what Im saying is true?" "Im still not really sure. Cyrus doesn't like anyone, especially a nerd like his brother."

"Hmm, but Im still suspicious of him." I told Cruise. He rolled his eyes. "Don't worry about it too much. Y/N will like you cuz you're a nice guy." He smiled at me.

"Heh thanks." I replied but what he said didn't make me feel better. I have a feeling Cyrus might take Y/N away from me.

I can't let that happen.

Your POV

I was in another dark and cold place. I look around anxiously but all I could see was complete darkness.

For a moment, I thought I was alone. But I soon heard a familiar voice. "You brat! What are you doing here?"

I turn around and recognize my mom. I back away as she makes her way towards me. "I thought I told you to stay out of everyone's way." She said as she reached me.

"But I didn't do anything." I told her in a quiet voice. "You liar!" My mom then kicked my chest and I fell down in pain.

"Please stop, I didn't do anything." I whimpered. "Why are you doing this to me?" But my mom just continued hurting me and calling me a mistake.

"What did I do to deserve this?" I said to myself. When my mom was about to hit me again, I closed my eyes and waited for it to come.

But it never came. I open my eyes and see that my abusive mother was no longer in sight. Instead, there was the hooded figure with the cape from my previous dream.

This time he walked towards me and carried me in his arms. I felt warm in his hold so I didn't struggle.

"Shh, Y/N, its ok." He said to me while stroking my hair. "Im here for you. You're gonna be fine."

He sat down on the ground while still holding me. I regained my strength as we both sat there in silence.

But my curiosity was biting at me. I felt the urge to take off the guy's hood. So I reached out my hand to do so. The figure didn't move and let me.

I uncovered his face and I was surprised to see the familiar brown hair of my roommate. "Cyrus?!" I asked. But he stayed silent for the rest of the time.

But then I woke up in my bed. I look out the window and see that it was early in the morning since the sun's rays were not as bright yet.

I recall the dream I just had. That hooded figure who helped me was Cyrus?? Huh??

But my thoughts were interrupted when I felt something moving next to me. Then I realized that someone was hugging me.

I look over my shoulder and see Cyrus asleep while cuddling me. I made an "eep" sound as I kicked him out of instinct but fell off the side of the bed.

He woke up immediately as I stand up. "What are you doing beside me?" I demanded. Cyrus yawned first before realizing what happened.

"Oh yeah. You were having a bad dream again so I decided to stay beside you until you calmed down." He replied tiredly. "But when I cuddled you, you didn't want me to stop."

"You were what?!" I asked but he only yawned. "Y/N, just don't think about it." He said. "Also, its still early and you woke me up so Im going back to sleep."

I wanted to argue but Cyrus went back to sleep on my bed. I sighed and just decided to let it go as I left the bedroom.

I went to the kitchen and prepared my breakfast. I didn't do anything complicated this time and instead tried to make toast.

I did it easily and when I finished, I bit into the bread and felt satisfied that I prepared food without failing again.

After about 15 or 20 minutes, Cyrus walked in as I was finishing my toast. "So you finally made something without me?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yep. I made toast for myself since you said you were going back to sleep." I replied. "I made some for you as well."

I point to a plate on the table. "Could have made my own but thanks." Cyrus said as he sat down and ate the toast I made for him.

When he finished, he said he was going to do his own things before going to class. I let him be and get my stuff as I prepare to head to class.

On my way, I heard Cydnee call my name. "Y/N! Wait up!" She cried as I see her running towards me, dragging Zane with her.

"Why are we running?" Zane asked Cydnee before she stopped beside me. "Good morning!" Cydnee said happily. "Good morning to you both." I replied.

"Why are you up this early?" The cheerleader asked. "This is the normal time I wake up." I told her.

"Ah ok." Cydnee smiled. "We were just headed out to buy some stuff." Zane rolled his eyes. "You woke me up this early and you didn't even tell me what stuff we were going to buy." He muttered.

"Stop being so moody all the time." Cydnee told him. "Anyways, we gotta go. See ya in class Y/N!" She said to me as she and Zane ran off.

I chuckle as I question how those 2 even got together but I shrug it off as I walk to the first class.

When I got there, I didn't expect to see anyone yet since it was a little bit too early. But when I opened the door, I saw Z4 sitting alone. When I came in, he smiled.

"Hey Y/N. I've been waiting for ya!"