Chapter 12 - What Lies Beneath

I smiled nervously. "Hehe, right. But can you, um, let go of me first." I said because Cyrus already had one of his hands under my chin.

"Aw, are you sure?" He asked, moving closer to my face. I nodded. "Yeah. Im totally sure." I replied as I push him away.

He muttered before slowly releasing me. I sighed in relief as I felt free from his hold. I then fix my glasses before sitting next to Cyrus on the couch.

"So, what was that thing you wanted to talk about?" I asked him. "Oh, right that." He chuckled. "I wanted to ask you about Z4."

"Z4? Why?" I questioned. "Well, Im just curious. Im pretty sure he likes you." Cyrus told me. "Mhm. He just confessed a while ago." I said.

"I know." I heard Cyrus mumble. "Wait what?" "Nothing." "...Ok?" "So what did you say?" "I told him I needed time to think since I don't know if I love him back." "Then?" "Then Z4 was fine with it."

"K, but are you sure you don't like anyone else?" He asked, looking away. That was a weird question coming from him. "Uhh, I don't think so." I answered.

Cyrus stayed silent before muttering something to himself. Should I do what Cydnee said? Try to talk to him? Its worth a shot I guess.

But what do I say? I don't like starting conversations so I have no idea what to ask. Plus, Im too shy.

Just do what Cruise would do. My mind told me. He does these stuff all the time. Just do what he does: lift your head high, be confident, and just ask away.

I inhaled as I got ready to do just that. What would Cruise ask first? I know. "Soo Cyrus, how's life?" I asked.

Cyrus looked at me with a confused face. "Why do you ask, idiot?" He questioned. "I just want to know." I replied.

"Hmph, Im doing fine." He said before looking away again. Alright, what would Cruise do now? He would start talking about himself.

"Thats great. Im also doing fine." I tell Cyrus. "Does it look like I care?" He growled at me. Um, what would Cruise do now?

Uhh, he would start asking what he wants to know. "What do you like doing all the time?" I asked. Cyrus looked back at me.

"If it isn't obvious, Im a pro gamer who is great at every game you challenge me to play." He said proudly.

"Every game?" I questioned. "Yep, its a talent I was born with." Cyrus continued to brag. "Name any game that comes to your mind, I'll beat it in my first try."

"Wow, good for you." I told him. "How long have you been-" I was interrupted by Cyrus answering my question.

"When I was like, 5 or 6 years old, I got my hands on my dad's phone and when he came back from work, I beat his highscore on every game there." He explained.

I nodded. "Then when I was 8 years old, I convinced my mom to get me a PC and I trained myself to be good at every game I played." Cyrus continued.

"After my 11th birthday, my mom allowed me to get a Youtube channel where I became pretty famous." "Wow, thats a lot of acheivements." I commented.

"Haha, heck yeah. And when I was 13, I became more popular than Z4!" Cyrus bragged. "Wait, you knew Z4 since you were 13?" I asked.

"Yea. He was like 14 at that time but I already knew everyone else like Cruise, Willow, Cydnee, and Zane." He told me.

"Oh, so you were friends for a while now." I said. But Cyrus laughed in response. "Friends? Ha! Those idiots aren't my friends. They're just dumb people I know while Z4 is my rival." He chuckled.

"So you don't have friends?" I asked. Cyrus shrugged. "Meh, I have a few online friends and an ex-girlfriend but who needs them? Im perfectly fine being alone." He replied.

"Wait, ex-girlfriend?" I questioned. Cyrus stayed silent. "You had a girlfriend?" "Mhm, I forgot her name but she doesn't matter to me anymore." Cyrus said.

"What happened to her?" I asked. "Pfft, she was cheating on me and only liked me cuz I was popular. Turns out she never cared about me at all." He chuckled but by the tone of his voice, I could tell he was upset.

"Oh, Im sorry-" "Don't be. Im over it." Cyrus interrupted me. "And whats with all this talking?" He faced me.

"Uh, I just wanted to get to know you." I answered. "Why? So you can sympathize me?" "No, because I want to be your friend."

An awkward silence followed. "Why would you want to be my friend? I barely know you and we just met." Cyrus questioned.

"Because thats what friendships are: learning about others so that you can be calmer around each other's company." I told him.

"Pfft. What's the point in that?" "So you can help each other in case one of you is going through something." Cyrus stayed silent.

"So I was right? That you want to feel bad for me?" "No-" "Then why are you asking me these things? Why do you want to be my friend?"

"Because you don't have any real friends." I told Cyrus. He looked away and went quiet. "I just want to be your friend because I know you're lonely sometimes." I said.

There was no reply. I move closer to Cyrus and touch his hand. He looked at me and sighed.

"Thanks Y/N. You're a nice person, even if you're an idiot nerd." He smiled. "But there's something I've been meaning to tell you."

I look at him. "Im listening." I said. I didn't expect him to suddenly grab my shoulders until we were facing each other.

"Y/N, from the day I first met you, I felt that you were somehow different from everyone else I've met. I didn't understand what it meant but now I know." He told me.

He then suddenly pulled me into a rough kiss. I was taken by surprise but I kissed back. After a few seconds, we both pulled away.

"Y/N, I love you."