7

**

**

My hands are shaking. I'm terrified that the answers in this envelope won't be what I want it to be. "Hurry up Leo!" My brother shouts. I know he means no harm but pestering me to go faster won't help.

"How about I open Genevieve's and you two open Grayson's? Then we tell each other." Carter suggests seeing how under pressure I am. Oh, Carter the level-headed in these situations. If he wasn't such a know I would like him more. Don't tell him that he'll beat me up.

"That's a good idea." I hand Carter Genevieve's results. As I and Luca stare at the front of the envelope labelled:

Unknown: Greyson

Room:29

We rip open the envelope and take the off-white piece of paper out of it. I can feel the

nerves in my throat. If this boy is really Greyson King then it's very likely that the girl is Genevieve Monroe which means we have a complete family for the first time in eight years. Our future depends on this piece of paper in my and Carter's hands.

I've had enough of this paper taking so much control of my feelings and thoughts so I decide to just rip off the band-aid. Or in this case, rip the paper open and see what's fucking in the side.

Mine and Luca's eyes trail the sheet. I hold my breath. A small tear runs down my face and in any case I would be mortified that people have seen me weak but then again I don't give a fuck right now.

Name: Greyson King

DOB: 2nd September 2003

Age: 17

Father: Matteo King (Deceased)

Mother: Violet Paige (Deceased)

The list goes on for another five pages but we don't bother to look. We have finally found him. The missing King brother. Even if the girl isn't my Genevieve I don't care because at least somebody finally has their family back. The Kings deserve that much.

I look over to Carter to see the same look displayed on his face. "It's him," my brother says. He's never been one for anticipation he's more of a say-it-like-it-is kind of guy.

Carter stops and starts to cry he's the emotional one for sure. He ends up dropping the piece of paper on the floor. When I look down I'm almost knocked off my feet.

Name: Genevieve Monroe

DOB: 29th April 2004

Age: 17

Mother: Molly Monroe (Deceased)

Father: Liam Monroe (Deceased)

Relief fills my lungs like fresh air. I guess I was already expecting this. However, I've gotten used to not getting my hopes up so easily. Now it's real, I can't seem to control my emotions.