22

I ruffle the hair on my head in exhaustion

I ruffle the hair on my head in exhaustion. I'm pretty sure I look like ghost right now. 

I was woken up in the early morning by our media manager. Apparently, the media found out about the newest additions to the Monroe and King family. Genevieve, Greyson and Harrison. 

I've spent the last 16 hours trying to get every news outlet in the country to mind their own fucking business. 

If our enemies find out about this, they will be in great danger. I can't take the risk. I especially can't risk my grandma and grandpa finding out then cutting my prize possession off. 

Now that I can finally breathe and come back down to the earth of living, I can hear the laughs and conversation coming from throughout the house. 

I decided now that I can finally spend time with my family, I should take the opportunity. I stand up and throw the pen onto the paper work in front of me. 

Following the noise of laughter, I end up in the door way of the games room. I stand there for a second not wanting to ruin the fun. I tend to enter rooms filled with giggles and smiles but as soon as I step foot into the room all goes dull replaced with a tense atmosphere.

I don't know how I let it get this way, but I've ended up being the strict father figure rather than the cool older brother. I wouldn't change it, however, me being strict has kept them at bay. 

But looking around the room seeing the smiles on my younger siblings faces I can't help but feel like I've taken my role too seriously. 

I want to be that brother they look up to and talk to. The one they ask to hang out with not keep secrets and hide from. It's not their fault I'm like this but somebody has to keep them in check. 

And that had to be me. 

Genevieve and Greyson are on the single arm chair pulled out. Lying there all cuddly while watching Mason opposite them with Harry in his arms. 

Mason bounces Harry trying to get him to laugh and giggle. While the rest of the boys Jayden, Hayden, Asher and Dylan watch them in astonishment with their mouths wide. 

I can't blame them. This is the same mason who hasn't talked in over nine years. The one who has avoided all family gatherings as much as possible. 

It's clear to me that Mason didn't need counselling. What he needed was Greyson and Genevieve. Now that their finally back I hope to see him out of his shell. 

But I know it's not that easy. Nothing ever is. 

Just as expected the group of rowdy teenagers quietened down once, they noticed me standing there. Although it may be because I'm watching them like some creep. 

Everyone's face frowns accept from Genevieve's. She sits there with the biggest smile I've ever received. "Luca! Look at Harry's outfit. Mason got it for him!" She shouts making me smile back are her.