024

My legs traveled as fast as they could

My legs traveled as fast as they could. The burning in my chest was slowing me down but not enough for them to catch me.

I wouldn't let them catch me. I wouldn't them catch us.

Grey who was slightly ahead of me clung to my hand like his life depends on it. Either because he wants to know I'm there or I'm too slow. I'm going with a bit of both.

It feels like we've been running for day when in reality it's only been an hour or so. The barking of darks echos behind us as well as the voice of police officers.

Don't be fooled though. They're not on our side. They never are.

We were found. Once again. We had to pack up all our belongings into a single back pack then run for our life's and our freedom.

We don't know what will happen if they get to us. That's the most terrifying part. It leaves room for my thoughts to run, worst case scenario. And in times like these we need to be positive.

"Grey I can't run anymore." I say quietly to him. He doesn't turn back to look at me he just keeps running. I don't realize what he's doing before he drags us behind a tree out of sight.

"Get on my back." He speaks. For a minute I think he's joking but from the seriousness on his face I know he's not. "You can't be serious Grey. I'm too heavy. I'll slow you down."

Grey rolls his eyes. "Don't be stupid. You weigh nothing. Your tired let me carry you." I'm about to debate him again when the voices and barks get closer.

Before I know it, I'm dragged onto Greys back while he takes of running into the woods. Great, not only have I taken us from the save place we had but now I'm slowing us down.

Good job Genevieve.

We ran for about an hour. Or should I say Grey runs for about an hour before we come to cave. With Greys quick thinking he runs into the hidden cave where he gently puts me onto the floor.

"Are you okay, soul." I stopped at what he called me. He's never called me that before and I can't help but wonder why.

"I'm fine Grey. Shouldn't I be asking you that?" I asked him. After all he ran about ten miles with a heavy load on his back.

"I'm okay. Don't worry about me. That's my job." He says in one motion Grey jumps into me causing me to let out a large laugh and giggle.

"Grey, get off I can't breathe." I say breathing heavily. He made no effort to move and decided to bring out my big guns to get him to move. "Greyson, get off me."

Grey stops then slides down next to me. "Don't call me that, Eve, I don't like it." He states seriously. I couldn't help but giggle at his bazar behavior.

"It's not funny soul. I'm not Grayson to you. I'm only your Grey." His words made my heart leap, sending shivers all over my body.

"That's right Grey. Your mine." I say to him. I hear him mutter a word that sounds like 'possessive much' but I don't bring it up. I know he's right.