26

There are only two words I can think of: 'holy shit'

I'm never one for dramatics but right now standing here with my mouth wide and pupils dilated, I can't help but want to cry.

In a good way. I want to cry in happiness at the familiar face. I want to be absorbed into a never ending hug and smell her lavender perfume that always calmed me down.

This women in front of me distracts my brain from anything else. I can't think about the three other men in the room watching our exchange because I'm to intrigued by the women.

Mrs. Berrell. Our second mother. The women who let us ransack her home for seven months because she didn't want us out on the streets.

The women who spend her free time cooking me the food I was craving. The women who gave me free treatment in a time of great need. I owe my life to this women.

She's the reason my son is alive today. And even when me and Grey committed an 'unruly' act against another she still saw us no different.

But let's be honest we could've done a lot worse that locking a pregnant women in a room. That's for sure.

I indulge my self in the arms of Mrs. Berrell and for the first time in months I feel at home.

The warm feeling in my heart sends goose pumps around my body causing a spark to spread through the hug. "I missed you." I whispered.

The hug felt like it got tighter, but I couldn't complain because I enjoyed the warmth and comfort.

We separate from the hug coming back to reality. I step to the side of Martha so she can see Greyson and Harrison. Instantly her face lights up.

"Oh, My Goodness, look how big you've gotten." She says running towards Grey who has Harrison sitting in his arms with a big smile forming on his face.

God, this boy loves the attention. He's definitely my son.

"I might be going on a limb here, but do you know each other?" Leo asks dumbly as if the question wasn't answered by the scene that just played out.

I don't move my head towards Leo instead I just watch Martha, Grey and Harrison. This is how I could see Grey's unsubtle eye roll at Leo but beneath the hard, deep, cemented surface you could see the cracks appearing.

As someone who has known Grey all her life, I could tell but to anyone else he just looked like a huge brooding asshole.

But at least he was a sexy asshole. A sexy asshole that I've unintentionally trapped for the rest of his life. And I'm not even sorry about it.

"Leo, my dear how come you're the highest accomplished doctor in the state but have no common sense." Martha questions. I giggled at her insult not because it was funny but because it was undoubtedly true.