29

Eve is gone

Eve is gone.

She's gone. Disappeared from reality but not my mind.

I don't know what to do. I feel powerless like my breath has been stolen from me. I don't understand this feeling, I can't comprehend it. I've never been without Eve before so this feeling I'm new to me. I don't like it.

It's painful, almost like knifes being stabbed and I think for a second that I would much rather have that punishment than this dreadful feeling of loneliness.

I woke up this morning to an empty bed. I thought that it was normal. She may have gotten hungry, Thirsty, maybe she needed a walk but when I had gotten up and looked everywhere I knew something was up.

She was gone. My soul was gone.

I knew she didn't leave us. She knows how much we need her, me and Harry. I knew she was happy but a tiny feeling inside me dreads that may be the case.

I push that though down. For the first time in years, we were happy. She had no reason to want to leave. I'm being unrealistic. I need to get a grip. For me and my son.

I feel weak without her. So much so that I told one of my brothers about Eve's disappearance. It's now like they wouldn't find out about it anyway and if I wanted to find Eve, I needed their help. Even if it's hard to admit.

So far, they've come back with nothing but pity and empty promises. Making me wish I didn't tell them at all.

'We'll find her.'

'She'll be okay.'

'Don't worry.'

'She'll be back soon.'

It's all bullshit. If they had found her, she'd be in my arms right now. They're making false promises they can't keep, and I can't distinguish if their doing it for their own benefit.

To try and relax myself I've been trudging around the house with a camera on Harry in my hand making sure he's okay.

I haven't woken him up yet. If I was him, I wouldn't want to be woken up knowing Eve isn't here. For as long as possible I want him to feel safe and calm before he knows what's really going on.

I came to a stop when I spotted Carter walking into a room. He looks worried and anxious. The room he went in is somewhere I've never been before. The pale wooden door doesn't give anything away either.

I follow him into the room wanting to know what their doing to help find my Eve because so far, I haven't seen them do one thing.

I waited a few seconds before sneaking in behind him. If I've learnt one thing over the years, it's how to move unnoticed and undetected. It makes it easier to steal a loaf of bread if nobody sees you.

All the older men were sat facing a big screen. They didn't realize I was there yet, so I played it to my advantage. People will often put on a filter if they know your listening.