036

The air is thick with suspense

The air is thick with suspense. Trapping any words from exiting their mouths. Nobody dares speak in fear of an argument arising.

All men in the room have similar stances. One of despair and hatred off what's about to come.

The conversation isn't going to be pleasant, that's for sure. That's why silence fills the room like a deadly disease.

All of the King brothers sit in the conference room, arms crossed awaiting the unspoken words to exit Carter's mouth. Instead, he stands there. A million thoughts ran through his head.

His father lays sixty feet away from him. In a dark and dirty dungeon that has no room for his deadly mind. Just how he should be.

Greyson sits there questioning what's happening. Being called into this room is the last thing he wanted to do today. But he was forced along for his own good. Even if it didn't sound like it, Carter was doing the right thing.

He was giving Greyson the opportunity to meet his father. The decision to have authority over his own decisions was important to Carter. He knew Greyson didn't have that in his life and he was going to be the person to give it to him.

But handing it to him on a silver platter was a lot harder than he expected. There's no easy way to say what needs to be said. For all Greyson knows this is a normal family with a normal family job.

Greyson only sees what they want him to see. That's what they were trained to do after all.

A large sigh leaves the lips of Carter. He's the only one in the room standing. It isn't to show his power or that he's better than anyone in this room. It's because he was too nervous to sit down.

Both his arms are spread leaning against the table looking at his brothers. The brothers that didn't deserve this. They didn't deserve a useless and cruel mother and a sick twisted father but those were the cards dealt.

Carter would do anything to add fairness into his brothers lives because now that he was about to be fatherless, he felt like the father figure for his brothers. Little did he know that's what his brother saw.

A strong father figure that would do anything for them. They trusted Carter. More than they could ever trust their father.

"There's no easy way to say this." Carter huffed straightening his back. "But you need to know the truth."

This grabbed all their attention. Now listening with content and observation Carter felt that now was the best time to let everything out.

"Five years ago, our father went insane. He tried to hurt many people in a sick attempt to get revenge. At this time, we found out the truth Our father has killed our mother and The Monroe mother."

"At the time you were all too young to understand or make a decision so we put him in hospital to see if he could get better. He didn't, he just got worse. A year later he disappeared completely off the map."