Joke

Yash pov

“Is it over yet?”
“One could only wish.”

                          ***
Niyati pov

“Didi, did you confess your undying love for Madhav?”
My mouth opens on its own account.

“No, who told you that?” I asked, defensively.

“The fact that you hugged him, in front of everyone.” Bhrata Yudhistir says with a knowing smile.

“No, it's nothing like that,” I lied, “Just because I hugged him- you know what, I don't owe any explanation to you. And, we’re friends.”

“Yes, but you hugged a male, didi.” Sahadev says.

“So what? Normalize hugging opposite genders without any romantic relations, or sibling relations.”

“We understand that didi, but society won’t.”

“Well, then society needs to change.”

***
“My children.” Mata said, tearfully, and hugged my brothers.

It hurt to see that even without me, they looked complete.
But then again, girls are meant to become strangers after their marriage.
I don't know if every girl feels this, but if we do, then this needs to stop.

She broke the hug and looked at me.

“Putri, how are you?” she asked me, looking me up and down as if checking whether I was hurt or not.

“I am good, Maa.” I answer with a small smile on my lips. Maybe, just maybe, my case will be different.

“I am really sorry for what I said the day Mathura was attacked, putri.” Mata Kunti whispers in my ears,  “What I said was wrong. Absolutely wrong. And if there is anything I can do to make you believe that I am truly sorry, just name it and I'll do it.”

“You accepted your mistake, Maa, that was the best thing you could do.” After saying this, Maa crushes me in her arms and kisses my forehead affectionately.

Behind Mata, someone clears throat, and I look up to see Bhrata Karn.

The biggest grin came on my face and separated from Maa to go up to him.

“Bhrata Karn, I missed you so much.” I declared.
“I missed you too, my warrior.”  he says, before catching my hand and squeezing it tightly.

We smiled at each other, but then the smile disappeared from Bhrata Karn’s face, as soon as it came. I looked behind me and found the reason. The pandavas were glaring at him with such hatred, that if glares could kill, Bhrata Karn could have been dead by now.

I hear a choking noise and I see Mata, looking at Bhrata Karn with wide eyes.

Bhrata Karn looks at Mata and then separates from me to take Mata’s blessings.

“Rajmata Kunti,” He greets before bending down and touching her feet.

Mata sighs breathfully and puts her palm on his head.
“Aayushmaan Bhav, putra.” She whispers.

He nodded, somewhat uncomfortable.

“Arre, Niyati putri, you’re back?” I hear Gandhar raj Shakuni mama’s voice. “I thought you were going to stay at Dwaraka for some more time while just your brothers come here.”

“You see Shakuni mama, that is why I came.” I tilt my head to look at him while raising my eyebrows, “I might not be the eldest, but I do have younger siblings  who are also my responsibility. I can’t let them be alone can I, and it is also my job to guide them to the right path.”

“Well then, come along, it is time for the sabha.” He grumbled, bitterly.

“Lead the way, mamashree.” I said, smiling brightly.

We followed him to the main hall where Maharaj Dhritarashtra sat on the throne.

“Namaskar Tatshree” Bhrata Yudhistir along with Bheem, Arjun, Sahadev and Nakul greet.

I just roll my eyes.

If at this speed I go on doing the eye rolls, my eyes would be lost in my head, I think, before shaking my head.

What am I even thinking?

“Did your sister also come, Pandu-putro?” The great king Dhritarashtra asks.

Exhausted with all the nonsense, I start.

“Yes, Maharaj Dhritarashtra, I, along with my brothers, have also come here.” I said, sneering.

The king sighs, as if he couldn’t wait to get rid of me.

“Let us,” Mama Shakuni begins, before anyone could say anything, “begin the sabha.”

Duryodhan stands up and his neck so up like he was trying to see something which was much above than he was.

But then again, it was just his attitude.

“There is no need for this sabha. We already know who the heir is.” He opens his arms, to represent himself, “It is me!”

I start laughing at that, loudly.

By the time I finished my laughing session, I saw that everyone was staring at me like I was some kind of maniac.

“What?” I questioned, knowing well enough as to why they were staring at me. “That was a joke, right? That was why I laughed. By the way, Duryodhana, it was hilarious. You could be quite an entertainer.” I say.

“That was not a joke, Niyati.” Mama Shakuni grunted, seething.

“Oh, my dearest Mama Shakuni, perhaps you didn’t understand the joke. Let me help you.” I reply and stand up from my chair before walking up to Duryodhan.

“Let me explain to you what Duryodhana meant.”

                         ***

Yash pov

Oh, my priye.
Go on make them understand that joke.

I chuckle at my priye's actions.

“I miss her, Bhrata Krishna.” Bhadre says, snapping me out of the thoughts.  “We finally came back together after so many years, and you sent her away. We had to do so much.”

“I know, Bhadre, but it was necessary. She has an argument to win, if she didn’t go back now, niyati would have changed, and we can’t have that can we? Who knows, it might just change your fate of marrying Arjun.”  I tease her.

She blushes.

“But Bhrata, how will I be marrying him? You never tell me anything about what is going to happen.” Bhadre whines.

“That is because, huge things are going to happen, behena, which are mandatory to happen. If I tell you, you will want to change it.”

***
Niyati pov

Come back, please, Niyati.” his wife says.

“I am sorry, Rukmini, but I can't.”

“Can’t or won’t?”

I swallowed.

“Both.”

                        ***

.

.

.

Hey, I'm back!
Hope you like the chapter.
Vote and comment.
Thanks for reading.

Radhe Radhe