Indraprastha

Niyati pov

A mistake repeated
more than once
Is a decision.

Niyati pov

Yash walks towards me, his lips pursing, when Lord Indra leaves.

"Madhav, welcome to our new city." Arjun exclaims.

Yash laughs lovingly, knowingly, before asking, "Which city, Parth? I see no city here, just a desert."

"Lord Indra blessed us with a city, which will be built by the great architect, Vishwakarma, Vasudev." Jyestha informs him.

"If that is the situation, Bhrata Yudhisthir, then what are we waiting for?"

"Yes Jyestha, let's build our city." Nakul says, excited.

"Okay then, Niyati behen, my advisor, please do us an honour, and call upon the great Architect, vishwakarma." Jyestha says.

I smile when he addresses me as his advisor.

"Of course, Bhrata." I say, grinning.

I feel his eyes on me.
And then suddenly, my heart starts pounding faster, in thoughts of him.

I shake my head, glancing at him to see him looking the other way.

I bite my lip and then focus on saying the mantra.

"I am here, Pandu putri, tell me, what is it that you want me to do with your kingdom?" I hear a voice say.

My eyes open to see an aged man, with a white beard, and blue angavastram, but his presence is nothing like his appearance.

His presence is divine.

I join my hands together, "Oh great Vishwakarma, it is I, who has called you, but I have called you here to build and design the city of my eldest brother, Pandu putra Yudhishthir. Bless us with your talent, sir."

***

Yash pov

I see Vishwakarma look at me desperately when priye joins her hand.

I close my eyes, and pray to Aaradhya.

Hey Narayan, stop the time please.

And he does.

The world freezes.

"Hey Yashdev, how am I supposed to let my Goddess, the person who decides my future, join her hands in front of me? I can't let her do that. And I can't stop her either, help me, Yashdev, please."

I smile.

"Vishwakarma ji, she may be the goddess of destiny, but right now, she is just a kshtriya, a human, asking you to build her brother's Palace.
It may feel wrong, but you are supposed to do it. According to Aaradhya, Shri Narayan, it's not her time to remember everything. Not just yet." I say.

A sad smile forms on my lips as I say the last part.

When is it that you'll remember everything, priye?
What is our destiny supposed to be?
You tell me everyone's destiny,
but not ours.

"Thank you Yashdev," Vishwakarma breaks me out of my thoughts.

I nod at him and then ask my Aaradhya to unfreeze time.

"Absolutely, Pandu putri. Tell me, how is it you want your palace to be, Yuvraj Yudhisthir?" Vishwakarma asks.

"A grand palace, sir, with wide roads and different elements," he says, "A palace where the commoners can also rest when they visit it for poojas. A palace so huge that one may get lost in it."

"A palace so huge that one may get lost in it but there will be elements which will lead the way," Priye corrected Yudhishthir, before looking at me, meaningfully, and then smiling, "A mayavi palace."

I know no bounds when I see my priye smile.

A grin forms on my lips and we both stare at each other while the others talk.

"Which will be known as Indraprastha." Sahadev concludes.

"Indraprastha, where the presence of Lord Indra was there," Nakul states.

"The palace, Lord Indra himself presented us with." Arjun says, looking up in the sky.

This was the thing I love about Pandu's children.

Their acceptance.
Their unity.
Their love for each other.

But what I loved the most was them, when they were together.

***

Yash pov

She was too quiet, or she was too loud

She either took things seriously, or not seriously at all

She was too sensitive, or too cold hearted

She hated with every fibre in her body, or loved with every piece of her heart

She wanted everything, but settled for nothing.

***
.

.

.

Thanks for reading everyone!
Vote and comment.

.

.

.
You guys are lucky i study, otherwise you wouldn't be getting a chapter between exams (yes it's a small one but it's a chapter nonetheless.)

.

Anyways,
Thanks again.

..

..

..

Radhe Radhe!