Varnavat

Niyati pov

Sleep doesn't come easy to me.
They never did after I met you.

***

Niyati pov.

The coronation of Bhrata Yudhishthir completed without any problems, and to be honest, I'm surprised that Mama Shakuni and his minions didn't create a mess.

Actually, they were quite nice and polite. Naturally, I was suspicious.
They also prepared everything for our journey to Varnavat. The palace, our belongings, everything.

They made sure everything was well equipped in the palace, the cooks, helpers, our rooms.

And now, they even prepared the Rath we were going on.

Hey Narayan, I think, I don't know what is going to happen, and if what they're doing is out of revenge or politeness, but please, protect my family.

And so, my mother, brothers and I  are right now, in Varnavat.

“This is my room Nakul, you go find yourself another one.” Sahadev yells.

“Niyati Didiii, tell him that's my room, I've also even kept my belongings there while there's nothing there of Sahadev.” Nakul complains and then looks towards Sahadev, “My things are here so this is my room!”

I roll my eyes.

“This is not Sahadev's room,” I see Nakul air fisting, “Neither is it yours Nakul. This is my room.”

“But Didi-”

“Who's the eldest here? Oh right that's me, so you will listen to me.
This is my room, and get out of here, and if I see you fighting again on a room, I will twist your ears so badly you will not be able to hear anything.”

I squint my eyes in fake anger and then laugh as they both then run away from me.

“Oye Nakul, take your things from here!” I yell.

“Yes didi, right away” He yells back.

I shake my head in laughter before exiting my new room.

-few days later-

I meet Bheem and Mata Kunti waiting for everyone to start dinner.

“This is the only reason why I love you the most, Niyati, and the reason why I'm your twin. It's only You and I that value food, Niyati” Bheem says, making a puppy face. “Bhrata Yudhishthir and those 3 idiots take so much time. And Mata isn't even allowing me to eat without them.”

“Mata,” I gasp in fake shock, “How could you let my twin be hungry? Come on here Bheem, I'll feed you with my own hands today.” I sit beside him, taking the kheer in my hands, “Maybe I'll feed the others too” I say lovingly, yes I am very loving, thinking how I haven't fed them since forever.

“Stop Niyati!” I hear Bhrata Yudhishthir, I look towards the entry gate, and analyze all 4 brothers.

There is a problem.

“What is it, Bhrata Yudhishthir, Niyati was feeding me the kheer.” Bheem whines.

“It's nothing, just” Bhrata hesitates, “We are not hungry and we are not going eat kheer.”  he looks into my eyes deeply.

“Well if you aren't going to eat, neither are we.” I say, staring at him and then stand up. “Come on Mata, Bheem. We will not eat without them. Whenever they eat, so shall we.”

“But Niyati-”

Bheem,” I stress. “We will not eat.”

We go out of the dining room when I hear Bhrata Yudhisthir demands the cooks to eat it with their family.

When they come out, Arjun hands me a small paper.

I read it and sighed.

“I knew it was too good to be true. How is it possible that the Kauravas can do something good for us Pandavas.”

Mata Kunti asks, “What now kids?”

“Vidur kaka has already informed us that this palace is inflammable and was especially made for us so that we can die in it. We can go back to Hastinapur and confront them.” Bheem states.

“Or we can just set this Varnavat on fire and run away from here and live peacefully without the kauravas.” I suggest, “We know that as long as Duryodhan is not the crowned prince he won't stop attacking us.”

“I think Didi is right. Madhav told me, actually hinted to me as we all know madhav and his tactics, that we need to step away from Hastinapur. At Least for a while.”

“I trust Vasudev completely,” Mata says looking at me, “and I trust my daughter even more.”

“Then it's decided, we go forward with Didi's plan.” Sahadev says.

Bhrata Yudhishthir nods.

And then, within a few hours of lighting the palace on fire and successfully escaping the fire, we're considered dead due to seven bodies found in the Varnavat.

***

Niyati pov

We are the same, you said
But are we?

***
.

.

.
Thanks for reading!
Do vote and comment.
.

.

.

Radhe Radhe