The garden with a swing

Niyati pov

Sleep isn’t just sleep anymore.
It is an escape,
Escape from reality.

***

Niyati pov

It is impossible to even think that I would be getting married within a week. I never thought I would, for some reason.

Everything is going right. Mata is here as per my wish,the dates are decided, the preparations are on.

Everything is just perfect.

Today was a normal day.

The days usually went by while mata and draupadi bhabhi teased me, Bhrata Yudhisthir gave me random advies, Bheem eating my food, saying “Vasudev would too, you better get used to it”, Arjun practiced warfare with me, while Nakul and Sahadev also gave me random advices about how to heal a person.

They were acting weird, as if I was their younger sibling and not them.
But i guess that happens when your sister is going to get married and leave her home for someone else’s house to make it home.

I shake my head.
My family members are weird.

Sitting in my room, I look at the stars and the moon.

They are exceptionally beautiful nowadays.

Now that I am getting married. Or maybe now that I am going to be with Yash.

A morpankh right in front of my face snaps my thoughts out.

What the?

He’s here?

***

Yash pov

“Come out, come out Priye, why are you making me wait?” I sing, waiting for her to notice me, and when she does, I smirk.

You’re in for a ride, Priye. Let me show you the us we were.

“Yash! What are you doing here! You are not supposed to be here!” she scream-whispers in her honey-like voice that sends tingles all over my body.

“Why am I not supposed to be here, Priye? I can not even meet my own fiance now? What is this law?” I mimic her tone.

She rolls her eyes.

“It’s late. Go back, Vasudev Shree Krishna, go and sleep.” She tells me with a mischievous twinkle in her eyes that tell me she does not mean what she is saying.

I fake-laugh out loud before dropping the smile and glaring at her.

“Are you coming now or do i need to come up there to get you down myself?” I ask threateningly, as I make a move towards the wall so as to climb.

Even from down here, I could see her slightly pink cheeks.
Perks of being a god, I guess.

She climbed down the window before jumping the rest of the way, and she jumped right into my arms.

With my hands on her waist, and my eyes on her rich earth ones, I feel her fumble in my arms.

I let her down, and detach myself from her. But I do keep her hand in mine.

“This is for you, my love.” I gave her the sunflower I had in my hand since the morning.

She looked at it cutely before smiling at me.
“Wow, um, thanks Yash.”

I smile back before leading her towards the forest with my hand in her warm ones.

“Why are we going to the forest ,Yash?” I hear her soft voice speak, before it trails off when she sees what I wanted to show her.

A garden with a swing.
Full of her favourite flowers.
The orchids.
Lamps lightened all the way around.

She gasps.

“It is beautiful.” She looks at me with a surprised expression mixed with love. “You did this?”

“Obviously,” I say, tightening my hand, trying to keep the negative feelings as far as possible, “Who else would?”

She smiles so bright that it brightens my mood. She looks around, wondering with her head up, while I just stare at my view.

Her chocolate and curly, open, messy, with no accessories hair hanging over her waist, her plain white lehenga with a red dupatta, her face void of any type of makeup or ornaments.

Her brown eyes widened from the view in front of her while my eyes were eternally widened from the mere view of her.

She looks back at me and comes back at me and takes my hand, leading me towards the swing.

We both swing and let the world slide away as we talk about our days.

Maybe it’s the way we can talk for hours about absolutely nothing, but I'd still feel like I just had the conversation of my life with the love of my life.

We never really were the dancing couple, like Lord Vishnu and Devi Lakshmi.

We always preferred silence.

Because for us, our music was the others’ heartbeat.
And we danced in the others’ thoughts.

***

Yash pov

Your wounds may be unseen,
But after a battle, you will
Always need time to heal.

***
.

.

.

It's a small one but it's a chapter.

I'm so so sorry that I've been so slow but man i am not getting time.

Thank you so much guys for reading my story, love you guys sooo much.

You guys are the best!

Thanks for reading !!
Do vote and comment!!
.

.

.
Radhe Radhe!