Haldi

Niyati pov

Loving hurts, when it is not in your destiny,
Your home is not your home anymore
Your comfort makes you uncomfortable

And this isn't the definition of home, is it?
Because if it is,

I hate it,

Ardently.

Yash pov

Wedding day, it is.

Today, I will be going home.

My home, my Priye, my Niyati.

"Haldi, haldi, haldi, a little on the cheeks, a little on the nose, a little on the hands and legs, before dumping it all on them." Bhrata Balrama says, rubbing his hands as he comes to put haldi.

"Dau," I whine, as he starts with cheeks, "Don't you dare dump it all on me."

"Why?? Does that right belong only to Niyati?" He smirks, putting some haldi on my hands.

"Well, when you say it like-" I say before he dumps the haldi on me.

I shake my head, "You didn't put Haldi on my legs!" I protested.

***

I stare near Hastinapur, looking for my Priye from Dwaraka.

I found her dodging her brothers who were running behind her to put haldi, as Balaram dau did to me. I chuckle.

You can not escape, Priye.

And she did not. She ended up being yellow coloured.

Just like me.

Priye, priye, priye.

She walked into my heart, each and every birth/rebirth, like she belonged there.

And she did.

And the most beautiful part is, she always lets me in.

In her heart, in her mind, in her soul.

It, till date, surprises me that she can love someone like me. It gives me a warm feeling that she let me enter her life, let me break her walls like they never were really there. Let me heal her when she was self-sufficient, capable of doing it herself.

Today is our day.

Believe it or not, all our years together, we never got married, not once, not even a fake marriage. But today, in the evening, it is going to happen.

For my priye's sake, I hope nothing goes wrong.

***

Niyati pov

"I am going to doll up my putri,"

"No I am going to dress her up,"

"Everyone knows it is going to me-"

Mata, Bhadre and Draupadi fight as to who gets to dress me, doll me up.

Usually, I would prefer not to, to be honest, but I don't know, I have this nerve-wrecking urge to get ready for Yash. But I can't take anymore of their fights.

"ALL OF YOU, CALM DOWN!" I shout, glaring towards the three women I love more than anyone.

I laugh at their shocked faces before ordering them.

"No one is going to get me ready, I am going to get ready on my own."

At this comment, they all groan and start saying stuff like, "I will sacrifice this opportunity. Just please don't let her get ready on her own."

I scowl.

"What do you mean by that?!?" I ask, offended.

"It means what you think, Sakhi." Draupadi says, rolling her eyes.

I gasp, "Hey! I am good, okay. You can't deny it. And anyways, I don't care about what you all think. All I care about is what Yash thinks, only in this matter of course. He loves the way I am, he won't unlove me if I don't wear bright red, heavy ghagra and tons of gold jewelry."

"Whatever you say, putri, but you are not getting ready on your own for your wedding! You should be pampered, and we're here to do it. So sit back, today, you are going to take my orders, just like you used to as a kid." Mata says, tapping on my head.

I smile, before saying softly, "Okay, my beautiful mata."

I am going to miss her soo much.

***

I am ready.

With a heavy red and white lehenga, with loads of jewelry, diamond, gold, whatever they selected for me.

I protested, of course I did, but secretly, deep inside my heart, I love it.

I look beautiful, gorgeous, shining like a new bride. All the words synonymous to beautiful?

I look like it.

Yes I am self-aware.

I am ready to get married to Yash.

Is he?

Of course he is, I can feel it.

***

Yash pov

How beautiful she looked that night.

Not herself, but somehow still like herself.

She was radiant.

I was lost in her love. She was lost in mine.
However, there always existed,

A but, a break, a different road.

.

.

.

Helloz
Buh-byez
.

.

.
Thanks for reading
Vote and comment!!

Radhe Radhe!