Stars

Yash pov

Before you, I was just existing.
After I met you, I was living.
Now that we've drifted apart,
You might not like me,
But I know, till the stars exist forever,
You'll always love me.

Yash pov

"Kunti is dead, so are her sons and daughter. At this moment, I know that it is not only I," Duryodhan claims, fake tears in his eyes, "who is sad from their demise, but everyone present here."

"Pitamaah, please, do the funeral rituals."

Pitamah Bhishma headed forward with the fire stick in his hand, burning the seven bodies.

"She's dead? How can she be dead, Kanha? How? This is not possible." Balram Dau whispers, tears forming in his eyes.

He sits down near the burning bodies while the others evacuate the place, leaving Dau, Subhadra and I alone.

"She's not dead Bhrata Balram, Bhrata Krishna, she can't be. I refuse to believe it." Subhadra says, leaning her head on my shoulder sobbing.

I sniffled, shedding years one by one.

"You're in denial, Bhadre. As soon as you can move to the last stage of grief, maybe you'll accept that destiny is cruel."

I look into stars, knowing it's not true.
Knowing that we are seeing the same stars.

"Maybe, you'll accept that she truly is dead."

***

Niyati pov

The stars are shining strangely today. As if they were shining for me, and only for me.

"This forest is dangerous, I am telling you Bhrata Bheem." Nakul says.

"Nakul, nothing is more dangerous than Bhrata Bheem hungry, right Didi?" Arjun asks me to which we all laugh.

"Absolutely Arjun. And if this dangerous forest has food, then I don't think I mind staying here. Food is THE priority, you know." I say, wondering about my Kheer.

"You're thinking about Kheer aren't you, didi?" Sahadev asks.

I hit his shoulder.

"Ouch-"

"Putra Bheem, is that a mango I see on the tree?" Mata Kunti rhetorically questions Bheem, before smiling.

"Mata, you are amazing, I love you so much." He hugs Mata before sprinting towards the trees with mangoes.

***

"Ahh, now that my stomach is full, I am feeling like myself." Bheem says, while he stretched and laid down, his head on my lap.

I started to move my legs to annoy him but that just made him even more cozy and he fell asleep.

Everyone laughed as Bheem snores loudly.

"I can't believe he fell asleep when you were trying to annoy him!" Bhrata Yudhishthir said and I pouted.

"Bhrata, remove his head from my lap, it's heavy." I say, pretending to struggle out my way.

"Okay, on a serious note, who's going to take the night duty? I'll do it right now, after some hours, who wants to do it?"

"I will do it Bhrata." Arjun says, determined.

"Oh thank god I don't have to wake up." I say, and everybody, except snoring Bheem, laughs.

***

In the middle of the night, I hear some rustling due to which I wake up.

I see Arjun walking here and there, and Bhrata Yudhishthir sleeping peacefully.

I switch my position and close my eyes, but Nidradevi doesn't want me to sleep.

I groan and get up from my place, my yellow lehanga ruined from the mud we've encountered since we left Varnavat.

Arjun looks at me, questions in his eyes.

I shrugg.

Then suddenly Arjun straightens his back, he is alert.

I go towards him and ask him what happened.

"I heard something, didi." he then started to follow the heard sound not before waking Bhrata Yudhishthir up.

When we didn't find anything we decided to head back when we saw Bheem talking to a girl in a bright red lehanga.

"Niyati, Arjun, meet Pallavi." Bheem introduces, obviously blushing.

We all laughed at Bheem's blushing face, but also leaving Pallavi confused.

***

Niyati pov

If only feelings had an off Switch.

Because i feel so much, that I'm afraid in some time I'll start feeling nothing.

I don't say this. I haven't said this once in my life.

But I need some one to save me from drowning in betrayal.
.

.

.

Nidradevi is goddess of sleep.
.

.

.
Thanks for reading.
Please vote and comment.

I'll try to update this story regularly.
I had lost my will to continue this story as i thought no one liked it.
But now, I'm doing this for myself.

So, if you're reading this and you do like this story and are a silent reader, then thank you so much for reading my story.

.

.

.

Radhe Radhe