ONE

|AUGUST 27th|

10:45am

I walked into my on-campus apartment looking around at all of the bags sprawled across the floor. There was wrappers on the kitchen countertop and trash bags sitting in the corner.

"Unt unt, yo' roommate ain't got no home training" my dad spoke up as he waved his hands around the mess in the living room. I held back my laugh as I shook my head.

"Nah friend, this ain't gonna work" Levi, my best friend said with a disgusted face.

"Maybe this is how she unpack" I spoke trying to convince myself.

"Ion give a damn, I- let me go in this room" I hurried up and walked to my room that was already open.

"Maybe she ain't realized you was coming today" Levi stated. I shook my head.

"Don't start making excuses for her" I said

"Say it louder for the people in the back" my dad said making us laugh.

"Must be nice to have friends to live with" I spoke with a playful mug.

"If they allowed Co-Ed, we would've been living together" I sighed looking at all of the bags I got to unpack. They helped me set up the big stuff when I heard the front door slam. I raised an eyebrow turning around to see someone walking in my room.

"Oh hey, I'm Amanda" I took in her appearance, she work a pair of Nike spandex shorts, with a loose fitted crop top and slides on. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail.

"Kyrie" I said with a small smile. I could see her eying Levi.

"Mhm nice to meet you too, I'm her dad" she moved her gaze before reaching over and giving him a handshake.

"Let's talk about that mess out there" my dad started motioning his finger in that direction.

"I'm sorry about that, I was unpacking my things then I got distracted and forgot about it" I rubbed the back of my neck as I watched my dad give her one more hard glaze before turning around.

"Well imma finish unpacking and we can get more acquainted later" she nodded with another smile before disappearing.

"You know damn well" we all started laughing. The vibes during our interaction felt weird. I already knew I was gonna keep to myself while living here.

"Alright peanut, I need to get back on the road before it get too dark" he said dusting off his jeans. My lip poked out as we hugged. Every year, I get sad not being around my dad all the time. Besides Levi, he's really all I got.

"You gonna come visit, right?" He nodded kissing the top of my forehead.

"Of course sweetheart"

"Imma need you to stand up" Levi said causing me to flip my finger at him.