NINE

| Two weeks later |

5:00pm

It was three day weekend, so we all decided to go home and get a break away from school. I laid upside down on Levi's bed as I watched TikTok's on my phone. We was currently chilling in his room until everyone else had came over. His family was having a get together so I came over earlier to help set up.

"And none of those bad ass kids better come in my room" I sat up as I started hearing voices downstairs and heavy feet running around.

"They your cousins" I said keeping in my laugh.

"Mane fuck them kids" I started laughing causing him to suck his teeth playfully.

He chuckled "They bad as hell, always breaking shit"

I shook my head because truth is he was right. They never knew how to share and play nicely. Soon after we heard someone aggressively turning his doorknob.

"Man move Junior, Damn" I looked over once I heard the familiar voice as he pushed Levi's 6 year old cousin out the way.

"Aye wassup man" Levi leaned over and gave Myles dap. Since we all grew up in the same area, I was use to seeing him at every event Levi family threw.

"Ooo can I have some" Junior snuck back in the room trying to dig his hand into my candy bag.

"Uh no sir, move" I turned my bag away from him.

"But my-my mommy let's me e-eat those"

"Ok and?" I questioned him as everyone started laughing. We heard his name being yelled making him scurry off downstairs.

"Ky why you had to be mean" Myles said shaking his head.

"Did you not just push that boy head like a bowling ball" I rolled my eyes and got up. Levi started cracking up in laughter as we all left out of his room and walked downstairs. We could hear the talking from downstairs get louder over the music they was blasting.

"Aye what's up cuz" Nate went over and dapped Levi then Myles before stopping in front of me.

"Wassup baby" he smirked pulling me into a one way hug. I stared at Levi as he bit his knuckles to keep him from laughing. Nate was Levi's cousin who was two years older than me. Every time I come over, he tries and fail to make a move on me.

"Boy leave that girl alone" one of his uncles called out making everyone laugh.

"She don't want you " I shook my head at them as I tried to keep back my laughter.