FOUR

1:30 pm

1:30 pm

I stared at the whiteboard with my chin on my fist. I was currently in my calculus class confused. I have no idea what Mr. Hopkins is talking about. Most of the class was zoned out as he lectured. I looked around and noticed a couple of people were fast asleep or watching YouTube on their computers. I rubbed my eyes sitting up some.

"Alright class I want you all to answer this question on the board" I stated at the foreign words trying to understand what I was looking at. I grabbed my pencil and tapped it lightly against my desk as I stared upon my blank page. I looked up at the clock than towards the teacher who was staring intensely at everyone. I assume a few minutes had past before I actually decided to attempt the problem. Once I wrote two letters, he announced class was over.

He clasped his hands together "alright class, finish up this problem for homework" I gathered up my belongings before walking out of the classroom. My phone vibrated causing me to pull it out.

Levi⚡️
Tryna match?

I wasn't a big smoker like he was but sometimes I wanted to feel a little buzzed. Plus I wanted an excuse to not go to my last class. I replied back to him before walking out the double doors. As I was approaching the parking lot, I noticed Levi was waiting by his car.

"So you just knew I was going to say yeah?" I asked with a laugh. He simply smiled before opening the door.

"You was gonna skip class regardless" he had a point. He turned up his music before riding back to his place. Last time he was smoking and I was just there to chill with him, he almost got caught by his RA. So I assume he has a plan this time. While I was deep in thought, we pulled up seconds later into his apartment parking lot. I opened the car door and followed him.

"Didn't y'all get caught smoking in the room?" I asked.

"My RA don't care, shit he be smoking with us sometimes" I shook my head as we walked up the two flights of stairs to his place. He lived with Myles in a two-person. I wanted to live in this complex since it's closer to library but unfortunately I get stuck with my third option. He closed and locked the door behind us before walking over to the living room. He pulled out a baggy and some rolling paper.

"What you wanna do for your birthday?" I asked him as I watched.

"Shit I don't know, you tryna plan it for me" he peered in my direction before looking back down.

"I can if you want me to" he nodded as he grinded up the weed. His birthday is in October which was approaching very soon. It was the day before Halloween.