TWELVE

|OCTOBER 3rd|

7:30pm

"Halloween party?" I asked Levi.

"I thought you didn't like parties"

"I mean I don't but for your birthday I will" he nodded as he paid more attention to the game. I put my feet in his lap as I scrolled on Pinterest for ideas. His birthday was still a couple of weeks away but I wanted to start planning it earlier.

"Aye go up top" he said into his mic.

"I would say costume but I'm not sure if I want to dress up"

"That would be dope tho, I usually see costume parties on tv— DUDE WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING" I shook my head as I continued scrolling.

"You talked to your dad recently" I shook my head. He has been away on business trips, our daily conversation on the phone has been put to a halt. I really missed him my dog, Oreo. I wanted to take him to college with me but I couldn't.

"Unfortunately not, he said he'll call when he gets a chance"

"Dang I'm sorry ky, would food make you feel better" my eyes lit up as I smiled wide. Food was my weakness. I had a bottomless pit, I'm always eating on something.

"You paying?"he chuckled nodding.

"Yeah, you want pizza?" I smiled nodding. Growing up, I was always home alone with a babysitter who never cared to interact with me. Then as I got old enough, it was just me and my dog. I hated feeling lonely which is the main reason I'm always at Levi's. I was always in silence and I hated it, it gives me too much time to be in my head and think.

"What kind of pizza you want?" He handed me his phone as I scrolled through the different speciality pizzas. As I was scrolling on his phone, mine started to ring.

"Hello" I propped the phone between my shoulder and ear as I finally decided on the Buffalo Chicken pizza.

"Whatcha doing boo" honey voice flowed through the speaker.

"Chilling with Levi big head ass" I looked up to see he was mugging me.

"Who you talking to wide nose" I flipped him off.

"My baby mama" I responded.

"Anywho wassup" I passed Levi his phone back.

"Can I come chill with y'all, I'm bored" I chuckled.

"Didn't you just get off work, you not tired?" I asked

"Sleep is for pussies" I guess I'm a pussy then cause one thing imma do is take a nap anytime, anywhere.

"Girl bye, swing through" once she said okay, we said our goodbyes and got off the phone.

"Can I stay the night, I've been avoiding Amanda"