In the In-Between [S1]

Trevor..

Trevor frowned and tried to open his eyes, but failed to do so. He was stuck in a weird position, with no foundation around him. Almost like he was floating.

Trevor.

Trevor clenched his teeth in his mind as he tried to move his body. He was more consciously aware now, but his body still failed to move at his will. What the hell was happening to him?

Better yet, who keeps calling his name?

Why isn't he...? Oh? I see.

"Release."

Trevor's eyes snapped open as his body finally listened to his mind. He blinked owlishly and slowly moved his body, but why was everything else moving so slow too? It was then that Trevor became fully aware of his environment and he looked around with growing awareness as he floated.

Surrounding him was a galaxy wonderland of sorts. Purple hued skies, stars, and a bright moon took up his entire 360 degrees as Trevor looked around in awe. He's never had a dream like this before, it was beautiful.

He finds himself slowly sinking to the "bottom" where white fluffy clouds laid, and sunk into them like an ultra soft pillow after a long day. Trevor initially felt a small bit of fear grow inside him at the thought of potentially falling through the clouds, but to his surprise, the clouds were rather durable.

He laid on them for a moment, before sitting up and looking around once more, only to let out a shout. Now Trevor has always been a little bit slow on the environmentally aware spectrum, he has a pretty solid one track mind. Yet even a blind man could've seen what was flying above Trevor in no time whatsoever.

It was a massive white whale with what appeared to be galaxies decorated along its under belly and flippers, gently twisting and twirling around in the sky without a care in the world. It floated in circles around Trevor, as he stared in shock at the sight. Everything seems weirdly chaotic in Trevor's eyes.

Solid clouds? Flying whale? Stars everywhere? It didn't add up to little physics that he knew of. Yet, why did he feel at peace? He didn't even want to make a sound. This was one hell of a dream.

The whale began to glow and Trevor had to look away as the area seemed too bright and groaned. He winced as his eyes adjusted, only to see a woman floating in front of him, towering over his figure intimidatingly like a giant. He scrambled to get up and properly face the woman who made an "Oops'' sound and began to shrink.

She slowly became the size of a roughly 5'7 woman and let out a small sheepish smile. "My apologies, I didn't mean to startle you if I did."

The mysterious woman had a smooth, serene voice and Trevor almost wanted to fall asleep right then and there. She spoke up once more, eyes pure white with no iris, asking a surprising question.

"How are you doing, Trevor?"

Trevor couldn't help but to shrug. "Don't know lady..but this is one hell of a dream though." The woman let out a soft laugh before lowering herself on the cloud, pacing slowly.

"Please, call me Yena."

She then gave Trevor an interesting look, which gave him an unsettled feeling. He didn't know why but something suddenly felt off.

"Unfortunately...I do have to break the news that this is in fact, not a dream."

Trevor paused. "What?"

Yena looked at Trevor with a neutral expression, as she proceeded to shatter Trevor's world with her next statement. "You're dead, Trevor."

Trevor took a step back in shock, before curling his fists in anger. Was this some sort of sick joke? He needed to hurry up and wake up now. Trevor let out a harsh laugh, "You're fucking kiddin' me right?"