Getting Comfortable [S1]

It's almost the end of Blaine's solitude and he couldn't have been more happy about it. At first it just gave him time to organize his thoughts as he fully committed to living as Blaine Nicolai Ashdown in this world but with the exception of the information in the novel, he quickly realized he didn't know much about the world to begin with.

In his former life, he probably wouldn't even consider doing some readings to learn more, or actually plan to pay attention in class. Yet the more he lives as Blaine, the more he's excited for the opportunities of learning. He only wished his circumstances would have allowed it in the past. Blaine already had a plan to gain more information quickly;

He was going to find the library and find a book about the history of this place or something along those lines. He figured that a place as rich as this had to have a personal library and he was determined to find it. He let out a suspicious grin, which caused a giggle to sound behind him.

Blaine turned around from his desk and squinted at his sister Haylynn, who seemed to be coloring on his bed as she looked between the pages and him. Blaine frowned.

"What're you laughin' at?"

Haylynn giggled again, "Brother Blaine is funny, he makes weird movements."

Blaine blushed, she must've seen his fist bump of determination. He let out an awkward cough and stuttered, "Y-You didn't see nothin'. Oi, and didn't I say not to come back?"

"Nope! You said 'Do whatever you want, kid' ", in a grumpy voice, attempting to mimic her brother. Blaine scoffed, "I don't sound like that."

"Yes you do." A third voice interjected, and Blaine didn't have to bother turning around to face the door to know who was there. It was Maxwell once again, coming to pick up Haylynn after realizing that she's been secretly coming to his room consecutively.

Blaine isn't sure why he didn't just bring one of the knights to come, he's sure Maxwell is busy with Marquis stuff. Oh shit, did he have responsibilities like that too? Crap.

Haylynn saw Maxwell and pouted, she didn't want to leave yet. Blaine took a look out his window, and saw that the sun was beginning to set. That meant it was about to be dinner time for Haylynn. "Maxwell's here to pick you up kid, it's time to eat."

"How come you don't come out and eat with us?!"

Blaine and Maxwell exchanged a small glance, before looking back at Haylynn. "I'm busy."

Haylynn pouted, "You always say that."

Blaine felt his eye twitch, really this kid is so stubborn. He was trying to hide the fact that he was in trouble (even if it was the old Blaine's consequences, he was still embarrassed), but she wasn't making it easy. Maxwell decided to make his move then, "Mother wants to speak with you, actually."

Haylynn's face broke out into a smile and she hopped down Blaine's bed earnestly. She ran to Maxwell and grabbed his hand before waving at Blaine. Blaine nodded and looked up at Maxwell, who turned without a second of hesitation and left without a word.

Blaine let out an inward sigh, and got up to move to his bed. Haylynn left her coloring pages on it, and upon closer inspection it seemed to have been a picture of Blaine with a scowl on his face. Blaine chuckled and put it on the side of his bed.

He'll hang it up later or something.

0-0-0-0-0

Today was finally the day that he could escape his prison and he woke up midday to start it off. A knock on his door alerted him, and let out a calm, "Who is it?"

A muffled, "It is your butler, Keegan, young master."

Keegan? He doesn't recognize that name from the novel. How interesting.