Blaine I: Sweet and Sour [S1]

Blaine's POV

Ever since Maxwell and I ran into those punks who were using Osbourne's Spectacles, things have been getting weirder by the day. For one, there's been a rise in perverted incidents that have been reported. Stupid fuckin' kids. The Academy ordered more knights to surveillance the bathrooms now, causing some irritating changes.

All boys have to go through a security check whenever they need to go to the bathroom, causing lines to form as the knights with detection magic do their job. I guess I could see this as being the solution to the issue right now, but damn, is it fuckin' annoying.

Especially when I'm one of the poor bastards standing in the long ass line trying to take a piss.

I let out an irritable sigh as I look around, looking past the other boys who surrounded me in line, wondering if I was going to get back to lunch in time to eat my sandwich, before Robbie takes it.

0-0-0-0-0

I finally relieved myself and strolled back to the cafeteria when my table started to talk about some interesting news. I've been looking for any leads about the glasses, but other than the obvious reports, no one has actually mentioned if they'd physically seen them or not. It's frustrating, but there isn't much to go off of.

Until now.

"Did you guys hear that something was stolen in the relic hallway?" Zara spoke up. Cora didn't say anything as usual, but her eyes gave a curious look to Zara. Robbie was eating his food loudly, but shook his head. I sat down beside them and said no, but told her to continue. It seemed interesting.

Maxwell was the only one who knew what she was talking about. "I did. I was with Alastair and Alexander when I heard the gossip. Something must be true, seeing how they blocked off that part of the Academy under the guise of "private affairs"."

I scoffed, what was the point of even hiding that information if the whole school was going to know by the end of the week. "If they really wanted to keep it private, they should've continued things as normal."

Zara pondered, "Perhaps it's a reverse psychology sort of thing?"

I shrugged, it really doesn't matter much to me what the school does. I'm just after the glasses.

"Well anyways, I heard another rumor about the glasses. Apparently, they had some sort of markings engraved on them, like a symbol!"

"Woah, that's pretty cool." Robbie spoke up after a loud swallow, getting a quick look of disgust from Zara.

"It is! But that's not why I brought it up...I say we should look for it."

"Look for what?"

"The glasses, Robert. My goodness, were you even paying attention to anything I said?"

The two started bickering once more and I snickered at the sight of them. I have a good feeling that their futures are definitely going to be intertwined, even if Zara is too good for this version of Robbie. Sorry bastard, he's lucky he's annoyingly charming in a way. Cora let off a small sound, causing Maxwell and myself to look at her. She gently sat her cupcake down, "That might be a good idea, Zara. We could probably use it for our research project for Wizardry Magicks Analysis."

Zara shot up mid argument from Robbie, "Yes! That's exactly what I was thinking."

I sat back and crossed my arms as I thought about it. The logic makes sense. Our homework was to research the connection between religion and magic, the glasses were called a relic of Cyrain's in the novel, and I'd have a disguise to mask my need to find them in the first place. Almost too good to be true.