Intentions [S1]

A mallet hit the table from the stands, signaling the start of the questioning.

Grand Sorcerer Dolores started the meeting off right away, surveying the room. Blaine and the group of students that were involved stood in a shocked silence, before exploding all at once. Everyone started talking at the same time, yelling profanities at each other and screaming as they tried to project their voices louder and louder. Robbie, to Blaine's slight surprise, was one of the loudest and angriest, and was getting heated very quickly.

Blaine strolled over to Robbie's side as both sides swelled with anger. One of the upperclassmen got into Robbie's face as they were having a screaming match and Blaine took that moment to intervened and shove him back.

He shot them a nasty glare and held up a fist, exposing his wrist in the air.

"I might not be able to use my magic due to this shitty magic restraint bracelet that they put on us, but I never needed it to kick ass."

He shouted the warning to the rest of Noah Tillman's pose, making sure his point was across. Many (of all ages) knew of Blaine Ashdown's past violent feats, even if he's been mysteriously docile for a while now for his standards at least. Blaine marched over and grabbed Walker's hand, who stared at him in shock as he dragged him over back to Robbie.

Blaine then positioned himself in front of Robbie and Walker, glaring heavily at his enemies.

"You're not going to touch my friends on my watch." He growled, eyebrows furrowing in defiance. Robbie let out a small grin from behind him, that was the first time Blaine has ever explicitly stated that they were friends. Walker seemed surprised as well at the sudden title.

'Friends...' Walker thought, as he looked down at their entangled hands.

Blaine was too busy yelling profanities that he probably didn't realize they were still holding hands. Well, it wasn't the worst feeling in the world, Walker supposed. Unexpected, but not-welcomed..?

"You lay a fucking finger on them, even a spit particle, and once I get out of these fuckin' cuffs--"

A loud cough interrupted Blaine's rant and everyone snapped their attention back towards the stands where the Student Disciplinary Hearing Committee were. They were looking at the floor in various stages of amusement, intrigue (for some), and irritation at the events they saw before them.

"As much as I love a good character development from your...troubled past, Mr. Ashdown, I'm afraid we're going to have to move on from the dramatics. Glad to see you have friends now, at least." Dolores said dryly.

Blaine flushed with embarrassment but held his ground as he shot one final glare at the group.

"Now, let's begin, shall we? Let's also give some context on how this is going to go, since there are many of you going into this. While frozen with my magic, we were able to use a Committee Member to access your memories in order to get the real truth from each one of you on your own account. Before someone asks if this is legal, you all have damaged school property, used hostile magic that could hurt someone, and caused commotion during class time, even if you didn't have class at the moment. This gives us more than enough ground to search your mind without your permission, but don't worry, we didn't go into anything unnecessary."

To others that may see like it would be a good explanation, but Walker couldn't help but wonder what counts as "necessary", then. How much have they seen into his mind? He wasn't sure.

"We're going to separate the space you are in into two spaces now, one like a waiting room, the other the interrogation room. Diana, please proceed in making the still place for the interrogation room. Once Diana finishes, we are going to call you in one by one to go into the veil, where you'll be asked questions about what happened. Please refrain from lying, we know everything, we just have to take emotional factors into play now."