Rotten Luck [S1]

The room is silent as Blaine laid in his bed, breathing quietly in the dim room. The beginnings of a sunrise peeked from his window, casting a small light. Blaine rolled over in his bed, giving up after attempting to fall back asleep for the past fifteen minutes. He glanced on the floor of his room, when he noticed a figure on the ground.

"Wha--Robbie?!"

A snort and sniffle was heard. Robbie shot up from the floor and scanned the room quickly. He was still in yesterday's clothes, which made it clear to Blaine that he never left when he said was going to. Blaine hissed at Robbie, who was still confused at his surroundings.

"What the fuck, dude? Why are you still here?!"

"Huh?"

Blaine swore and got up quickly, flicking on the light. Robbie whined and covered his eyes but Blaine wasn't having it. If a Magnate knew that Robbie wasn't in his dorm room, they would be in trouble! In the novel, Magnates were the children who were selected by the Askens' Magicks Committee (per grade level) to make sure their peers were following the rules of the academy. Blaine didn't remember too many details but one thing was for certain.

They were some snitches.

Blaine tossed around his dresser and looked at a clock, which stated the time of 6:50am. Fuck, they were gonna have to make this fast since everyone normally started to wake up soon around this time. The less eye witnesses, the better. Blaine snatched Robbie, who was still groggy and practically slumped on top of Blaine. Blaine wasn't ready for the weight and stumbled, grabbing the door handle.

"Fucking hell Rob, wake up. I'm not trying to get in trouble!"

Robbie groaned and rubbed his eye before yawning, getting off of Blaine slightly. He nodded and Blaine opened the door. Only to see the familiar eyes of a certain red-head he had met a couple days before. He looked at the pair of idiots unamused as he held up a clipboard, jotting down information. Blaine could only sigh heavily, as Robbie chuckled sheepishly.

"This is the second time in a week, Ashdown."

"Good mornin' to you too Walker." Blaine grumbled. He shoved Robbie out his room, who landed on his feet gracefully, before dashing to get ready for class. Blaine ran a hand through his hair as he sighed, leaning against his doorframe.

Walker finished writing on a sheet of paper that Blaine was all too familiar with now. It seemed like he was destined to be receiving many more of those in the future, especially if Walker was there to say anything about it.

"I hope you understand that you're being written up for having unauthorized personnel in your room after hours, yes?"

"..bet you if my last name ended in Raignar, we wouldn't even be in this situation."

"Everyone must follow the rules, including Alastair." Walker stated dryly.

"Ha. So that asshole can be called by his first name too, but I can't be?"

Walker glared at Blaine who raised an eyebrow, and narrowed his eyes. "Knowing your reputation, I'm not sure why you're surprised. You're not respectable, so please understand that I'm only speaking with you due to my duties, not by choice." Blaine rolled his eyes and snatched the Demerit from Walker. He closed the door on his face, leaving Walker gaping at the blatant disrespect.

Serves him right.

Ever since he found out that Blaine was his older brother's roommate, Walker has been making more Magnate appearances using whatever excuse. He always claims to just be doing his job but Blaine knows better, he's waiting for him to royally fuck up. Blaine groaned, just his luck to be in such close proximity with such a devoted Magnate.