Outlier [S1]

"So, your topic is going to be the interrelationships between religion and magic, is that right Miss Norvani?"

Zara nodded at the professor. "That's correct."

"I see. I'll approve it, just let me know if certain group members don't...exactly do their part. It's not fair for the talented like yourself to suffer the heavy load of the project."

Zara gave a neutral smile at the professor, not giving away any unnecessary emotion. "Yes sir." She walked back to where they sat, the rest of her team looking at her expectedly.

"We got it approved."

Everyone smiled and congratulated each other, before relaxing for the rest of the period. They were a lucky group that was able to find a topic quickly, the others scrambling to do it during class to meet the deadline. Zara and Robbie started playfully bickering while Cora got up with Blaine, who muttered he was going to go see Maxwell's table.

Walker had already left the table, walking around to perform Magnate duties.

Blaine and Cora walked over to Maxwell's table, the natural scowl on Blaine's face getting deeper with every step. He hadn't paid attention before, but Blaine realized that Maxwell's group was full of clowns in his eyes.

"Maxwell."

Maxwell turned around to see his brother and Cora Yestbrow standing behind him. He gave Blaine a look of slight surprise, before giving him a neutral half-smile. "Hello, Blaine."

"Can I talk to you for a second?"

"No he may not."

Blaine sent Alastair a middle finger, and bucked at him. He certainly wasn't speaking to the Crown Prince, and would rather ignore his existence all together if he could help it. "Wasn't talking to you, so fuck off Golden Piss."

Maxwell struggled to hold down his amused chuckle at the nickname, as Alastair shot up from his seat, face red with embarrassment. He marched over to Blaine, who sighed boredly and checked his nails. Alastair grabbed the front of his shirt, and pulled Blaine to him, angrily. "The fuck you just call me? I'm the Crown Prince of this country, bow down before me scum."

Blaine snorted, "I'd rather lick the scum in between my toes, you bastard."

Alastair let go of Blaine suddenly, pushing him away from him. He gave him a hard look before slowly smirking arrogantly. He pointed his finger and announced rather loudly so that the entire room heard him one way or another. "I, Federic Alastair Raignar II, challenge you to a duel, Blaine Ashdown."

Oh fuck.

Gasps and whispers were already heard, especially when Walker Holtridge started to march his way down to their area. Robbie shot up and started making his way to Blaine in a hurry. Maxwell got up, surprisingly glaring at Alastair. "Alastair stop being so rash, he doesn't even have magic, that's not fair."

Alastair raised an eyebrow, "He's beaten up countless people who have had magic before, I'm sure. With his notorious record, he shouldn't be scared to accept my duel, if he's a man."

Blaine stared at Alastair for a moment before chuckling. Alastaur shot him a nasty glare for laughing, but was confused by his actions. Surely his words were meant to instigate Ashdown, not to make him laugh. As if Alastair was a joke?

"I don't need an arrogant, stuck up crown prince to try to guage my fuckin' masculinity. Fuck you and your stupid fuckin' duel."

The room erupted into chaos after Blaine spoke those words.