Chapter 18

"Yes mom im fine. Yes I know you're scared, but it's alright. We all survived" Izuku said to his mother through video chat.

Inko sighed and rested her cheek in her hand. "I know sweetie. But it's a mother's job to worry for their children. Even Izumi is worried".

She held up his sister, who was gnawing on her gloved hand. "Bah!" She grumbled, waving her limbs around.

The greenette chuckled, "yeah. Sorry for worrying you both". He looked over to see it was almost 9:00.

"Shoot. I have to go, my class is starting soon. Bye mom, bye Izumi".

"Bye Izuku". "Bye, Bye" Izumi said, shocking the both of them as the video call ended. Izuku was frozen, he didn't expect his sister to talk so suddenly.

It made him smile, seeing his family happy made him happy. But the buzzing of his phone reminded him of being on time.

In Class 1-A......

"I wonder who's going to teach since Aizawa sensei is injured and all" Ashido said, leaning forward on her desk.

The bell rang. Tenya stood up and turned to his class mates "everyone be quite and sit down!". "But you're the only one standing?" Kirishima commented.

The made Iida pause and look around, flushing in embarrassment before quietly sitting back down.

But as they were waiting for their substitute, Izuku's ultra hearing picked up the sound of a fast but uneven gait. And judging from the sound accounting for weight, he couldn't believe it.

As he expected, Aizawa came into class, except half of his face and arms were bandaged up. The class erupted into yelling.

Momo stood up, "Sensei!! You should be in the hospital". "Yeah. Aren't you too injured to teach" Denki added.

"It's gonna take a lot more to take me out". He shuffled over to the podium, "I'd have to say. If it wasn't for the light Titan my injuries would've been worse" he said, making everyone nod.

"But. They're still regarded as a vigilante, so don't let them off so quickly" he added, making everyone nod again.

Do they really have to say I'm a vigilante, well it is better than being labeled as a villain.

"Well you may have survived, but you all have something bigger to fear". Everyone gulped, what's bigger than a villain attack? What could it be.

"The sports festival is coming up". Almost everyone fell out of their chairs, "the sports festival? That's a completely normal thing!" Denki exclaimed.

"Oh yeah. The sports festival!" Kirishima cheered. "But sir, isn't it too soon. We were just attacked" Yayoyorozu said, very concerned.

"Yeah. What if villains attack again?!" Uraraka said worryingly, the others sharing her worries.

Aizawa sighed, "yes. But this is to show the population we're still strong. The security will be increased compared to previous years, but this will be the best opportunity you will get".

"As it is one of Japan's major events, outclassing the Olympics while lowering the expectations. The U.A. sports festival is very important".

"Not only that. In addition to civilians, Pro heroes will be watching. This is they're chance to scout for new talent" Izuku blurted our, surprising the others.

Aizawa smirked, "Just as Midoriya said. This is that chance to be scouted and recruited as sidekicks after you all graduate. Some may go solo or stay sidekicks, but that all depends on you lot" he said, staring at a few specific individuals.