Chapter 27

"Now for our Final Match. The Man with unparalleled strength and a living light show, IZUKU MIDORIYA! And the jet black bird with the power of darkness, FUMIKAGE TOKOYAMI!".

They stared at each other as they stood on opposite ends of the ring. "No hard feeling. Right?" The greenette asked, the avian headed boy shook his head, "None at all. Good luck to you".

"And you as well".

"Are both sides ready!?" Midnight asked. Izuku have a thumbs up while Tokoyami nodded.

"Begin!".

The avian headed student and the greenette rushed at each other.

Using his Sapphire nebula powers, he bombarded Tokoyami with a plethora of energy beams and projectiles.

But every attack sent was either dodged or destroyed by dark shadow. "Damn. It seems my attacks aren't producing enough light to be effective against him" Izuku cursed internally.

Eventually the tides were turned, as a miscalculation forced Izuku to go on the defensive agains the crow headed boys advances.

Every time he tried to attack, dark shadow blocked and countered his attack. And even then, he was forced to dodge most of the time.

The crowd was on edge. Did U.A.'s most powerful first year meet their match?

Many gasps were heard as the greenette was launched back by a powerful swipe from the sentient shadow. Sending him tumbling back.

With his head nearly pasting the arena bounds.

Izuku pushed himself up and spat on the ground. He stood up with a groan, "Gotta say Tokoyami-San. Your quirk packs quite a punch".

"Appreciated Midoriya. But it seems I have the upper hand". "Yeah. We're gonna beat ya up punk" Dark shadow boasted.

Izuku stared at the odd duo before a flicker of silver flashed in his eyes. He was surpised for a moment before he smiled, standing to full height.

"Well. Tokoyami, you may harness the power of Darkness. But now you must face against the light!". "That was terribly cheesy" Dekiru Commented.

Izuku groaned and almost fell over, "why out of all times to pop in, you chose now?" He questioned his Ultra companion.

"Well after unlocking 3 new forms, I'd say it's the perfect moment to acknowledge them" Dekiru said. Izuku rolled his eyes as he began to draw from his new power.

In the real world, his body flashed before his outfit became red on top with the bottom staying blue, but the lines became golden.

He held his right arm over his chest, pointing towards his left shoulder. He touched near his elbow before slowly pulling his left hand towards his fist.

Once his hand was past his wrist, light started forming. He continued until a blade of light was forming from his right arm.

He gave a few experimental slashes. Swing his arm down then to the left, then in circular motions, until he pointed it at his opponent.

"As I said. You shall face off against my light". Now Tokoyami was hesitant, less so that his partner, who was shaking slightly at the sight of a sword made of pure light.

Barely audible, Izuku could here a faint, Tres Magnifique from a certain French boy.

They stood at a standstill, the whole stadium silent as it was before. Everyone at the edge of their seats in anticipation.

Then Tokoyami rushed forward, Dark shadow rearing its arm back for a powerful swipe.

Izuku also rushed forward, blade pointing to the left across his chest as they closed in on each other.