Chapter 21

But he froze when he heard his points. "-but for first place. It's worth 10,000,000 points!!!" Midnight proclaimed.

The greenette could feel the predatory gaze of the others on him, their shadowed expressions scaring him greatly. He sweat dropped as he felt like meek little prey.

"The participants with the high numbers are the prime targets, so it's anyone's game. Now, you can make teams of 2 to 5 people. There will be 1 rider with the rest of the members acting as horses".

"Each team member will dictate the overall amount of points the team has. The amount will be displayed on a headband worn by the rider".

"Headbands must be worn from the neck above, and if they're stolen it's not the end. Until the timer sounds, you have until the end of the game to reclaim your own or claim another teams head bands".

"Quirks are aloud, but directly attacking a team with the intent to harm will result in removal from the festival".

"The entire match will last 15 minutes. You have 10 pick your teams, now go!" Midnight finished.

At that moment, everyone began to form their own teams, with many from class 1-A flocking to either Katsumi or Shoko.

Izuku felt dejected as he was avoided like a plague by all the students. Luckily he had a saving grace in the form of his friend Uraraka, who approached him on her own volition.

"Midoriya-chan, uuhm. Can I be apart of your team?". Izuku smiled which made her blush, "uhm are you sure? Everyone is going to be running after us" he said.

She smiled and rubbed the back of her head, "it's fine. We can just run away. But teaming up with you just seems right". The greenette was surpised, but great full.

He grabbed her hands and held them together, surprising the young lady. "Of course Uraraka-san. I'm grateful that you chose to join me".

The brunette was getting too hot under her collar. She had to face away so he couldn't see how red she was.

It was apparent that she was crushing on him, but this wasn't the time and place to act like this.

She turned back to see him still smiling down at her with such an innocent smile. Which made her heart pound. But it got ruined by a certain someone.

"Hey. Mr. 10,000,000!" Someone yelled. The 2 turned to see a girl with pink dreadlocks, decked out in support gear.

When she got closer, they noted that her eyes had cross shaped pupils and the steampunk styled goggles she wore on her head.

"I wanna team up with yah" she said with confidence, pointing her thumb at herself. The Greenette and Brunette looked to each other before looking back at the bombastic Pinkette.

"Uhm Alright. You could join us, Miss-?". "Mei Hatsume. From the support course and Future CEO of Hatsume Industries" she introduced, offering her fingerless, gloved covered hand.

He shook her hand, before the pinkette quickly ripped away to show off her gear. "Cause you placed first in the race, everyone has their eyes on you. Which means I can show off my babies to the big shot support gear companies".

Izuku and Ochako sweat dropped as Mei listed off her inventions, with both questioning the same thing. "Her babies?".

But as she listed them off, Izuku nodded. He was quite amazed at her creations, especially the ones used to hover and propel her into the air. Unfortunately he had no use for them since he could fly already.

"Hmmm. Quite interesting. So right now, it's us 3, so we need just one more member" the greenette said.

He looked around, before spotting his crow headed classmate. Fumikage was leaning against the wall of the stadium with his eyes closed and arms crossed.