Chapter Nine

She was sleeping again. Somewhat soundly for someone with so little reason to trust him. But, since he'd promised he'd be staying awake tonight, she'd been more eager to go to sleep knowing she wasn't going to be tied to the spot again.

He supposed he understood why.

No one liked being tied down—under normal circumstances, of course.

I wouldn't mind if you tied me down, Nazreen.

God damnit.

Fucking gutters!

She wasn't even trying to seduce him, yet he'd readily give her any pleasure he wanted. She wanted his kiss? Be my guest. To get her leg over? Fucking take me woman. His head between her legs, licking out an orgasm? If the job needs doing...

Fucking gutters damnit!

He needed to keep his head straight.

She'd bundled herself up in a ball as far from him as he'd allow. And he couldn't blame her either. He hadn't been the kindest to her.

But he couldn't let her go.

Nature was going to kick his ass for this.

What are you, Nazreen?

As she slept, he watched her with avid fascination—which made no sense whatsoever, since she was doing nothing.

It'd been centuries since Emilio had been fascinated.

He saw mind-blowing things every day. A volcanic eruption? Great, show me something new. The death of a star? Seen it already. Battle after battle after battle. Yawn.

So what was so interesting about a shy little Princess sleeping?

He'd seen powerful women before and displayed less of a reaction.

Take, for example, Evette, a woman that could predict his entire future with just a glance. To him, she'd been another task to complete. He'd met the Queen of the Amazons and sized her up for weapons, just another day on the job. So why did this little woman—this fearful, timid, effectively harmless vampire-witch—have him so stumped?

Why did she walk soundlessly?

He needed to wank one out.

Everything seemed so natural out here. With the grass rustling softly around them and the stars shining down from above. The trees were their ceiling, the dry mud their carpet.

Back pressed up against a tree, it was a struggle to keep his focus on the night and not the sleeping Princess with her plump, parted lips.

She responded to him, just like he did to her. When he'd hoisted her back up earlier, he'd felt that thrum of sexual energy between them.

Now, just remembering it had him in pieces.

She'll take my cock into her little hands, rub the tip, once—twice—

He closed his eyes. Maybe the tension would ease if he wasn't looking at her.

Her lips will part greedily. Ah fuck. The image of his cock between her lips, in and out? Ruinous. Emilio wanted to see her gag on him, to take him in deep, to choke on his shaft.

She'll open her legs, pussy dripping. Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! How desperate was he? Emilio was detached. Removed. He didn't go looking for women. Women came looking for him. He wasn't going to sit here and fantasise over a woman who clearly wanted nothing to do with him. Won't I?