Chapter Twenty-Five

Emilio yelled out a curse, reaching for the Princess, but her body was already being dragged away, flung aside.

The hunter saw a blur of brown hair. He grabbed a dagger, ready to throw it.

"Keep your fangs out of him you evil leach!"

You've got to be shitting me.

Pinning his snowflake down to the floor, his bratty little sister kicked up a storm, fists clenched ready to throw a punch.

His vampire beat her to it. "Get—off—of—me!"

One vampiric punch to Sofia's face had her soaring in the opposite direction. She grunted, landing on her ass. "You bitch!"

Nazreen rocked back on her haunches, pushing her back up against the wall, lifting her knees to cover her nudity.

When Sofia shot back up and readied for another lunge, Emilio threw his arm out in the way, dragging her backwards.

"Calm down," He snapped.

She thrashed against his hold, kicking and screaming, arms flung out to make a grab for Nazreen.

"Calm down!" She snapped. "Have you lost your fucking mind? That bitch had her fangs in your throat!"

Nazreen flinched back, staring at his face, her expression unreadable.

"Let me explain—"

Sofia cut him off in a huff. "Explain!" At Nazreen, she scowled and glared. "The fuck have you done to him leech?"

"I—"

Emilio freed a hand to point at her. "Don't answer that."

Nazreen didn't owe his bratty little sister an explanation.

What was she doing here in the first place, letting herself in?

Of Sofia, there was only so much Emilio could take.

"So you're taking sides with vampires now. What's wrong with you?" She didn't wait for him to answer. "I'll gut her."

"Calm. Down. Brat."

"Calm down? So first you disappear for a whole month, leaving me to think you were dead or something. And now this? Have you been cursed? Have you lost your damn mind?"

"Would you stop talking for five minutes?"

"Now you're letting vampires drink from you like some sort of weird blood slut. A naked vampire no less. What? You're letting the leach make you some sort of weird blood sex slave? I'll kill her."

"Shut your fucking mouth brat." He tried to communicate to Nazreen with his eyes, but a look couldn't symbolise what he tried to tell her. Internally, he swore. "I'll be with you in five minutes," He promised. "Let yourself into my room. I'll handle this."

Slamming his hand down over his thrashing sister's mouth, he dragged her away.

Fury ran through his bones as he dragged her, ignoring her hissy fit. Fury, irritation, exhaustion.