Chapter Twenty-Two

Sensation after sensation hit her. Each one more powerful than the last.

She could smell a lake. The running water near a cave. Flowers, wild and hand grown. Fertiliser. Candles. Fruit. Soap. Animals. Trees. Plants. Mud. Rock. Bark. Life. Everything.

She could smell blood. A man. Him. The hunter.

Ah Gods—she could feel him.

His body was resting upon hers, one of his brawny biceps flung out over her body. Tight. Never letting go. His fingers were curling into her sides, holding her to him.

She could see how it flexed the muscles in his back. They looked delicious. Hard and taut.

She ran her fingers through his dark hair, pulling it.

Lord almighty, her fingers could get lost in his locks.

In his sleep, he moaned when her nails teased their way along his scalp.

His moan.

Nazreen's core shot through with fire. A tingly ache. A need to be touched and played with.

The hunter was sleeping above her.

Their legs were tangled, his large ones hooked through her little ones. Their bodies were twisted around each other, combined.

He wore nothing but boxers. She swore she could see the muscles in his ass. She could reach out and touch them right now, to feel them for herself.

He was hot. Unbelievably so.

And his vein. His perfect vein was right beside her mouth. This had to be a setup.

Had she really bit him?

Nope.

There was no way.

Nazreen had never drunk from the flesh. She'd never been a vampire. As a matter of fact, she didn't do drinking from a blood bag either. Blood was just nasty. Sure, she'd threatened to bite him, but he was right. She didn't have it in her.

But she did.

I—I bit him.

And it had been amazing. Like nothing she'd ever felt before.

One more bite...

Just a little taste...

Nope. Not happening. She couldn't allow herself. She shouldn't have done it in the first place.

He'll hate me now.

Before, he'd looked at her like a monster, and she hadn't even drunk from him back then. But now she'd done it. She'd pierced his flesh with her teeth.

Could they go back from this?

Would she be able to deal with his hatred?

The thought made her feel dizzy.

She slid out from beneath him.

In his sleep, he gave a tired sound of protest. His arm flexed out, reaching to grab her, but she wasn't there.

She stared at him in disbelief.

How could one man be so perfect?

He rolled onto his back—showing off more.

The hunter was awake. He knew she was looking. He wanted her to look some more. To eat him up.

She touched his abs, her hand lingering there. Fuck. She couldn't help herself. There was no restraint. She had no choice but to touch him.