Chapter Thirty-Three

Before leaving on their oh so very anticipated hike up the mountains, Emilio led them up to the bar one last time in search of supplies. Meanwhile, Nazreen stood stiff as a board at his side.

"So you two'll be off now," Myrine noted, pouring drinks for some of the other customers.

Disinterestedly, Emilio answered, "Yes."

"Do you think you'll be coming back again before leaving for the mainland?"

"I doubt it."

"It's a pity," She sighed. "Your pay would've entitled you to plenty more."

Her spine stiffened. This again.

But she could see why Myrine might come back to it. Her job entitled this kind of stuff, but if she were to make a client out of Emilio, he'd easily be one of her better-looking clients.

His face was devastatingly handsome. "Plenty like—?"

"Don't worry about it," She cut in, elbowing his side to hurry him up. "Myrine and I have already discussed this."

His eyes narrowed. She'd done that thing again. The thing where she spoke too quick and too soon. "Discussed what?"

Myrine butted in, leaning across the counter, her breasts seeming more generous than they did before. "I was saying to the girl that you could be handled."

"Handled?"

He glanced between Nazreen and Myrine.

"Oh yes. We do all sorts of work here. The pirates that come and go have it all the time. You look like you could use some of that service."

A smirk was tugging at the corners of his lips. "And Nazreen declined?"

She huffed. "Can we just go already?"

To her relief, the hunter had mercy. Slinging his bag back over his shoulder, he let her lead him outside, back out into the scorching sun that bathed down on their shoulders.

They walked for maybe two minutes before his face was swallowed wholly by a smirk. "You're still jealous."

Her cheeks bled red. "I'm not."

She had it written all over her. Angry or not, Nazreen didn't want to share. "Then why didn't you send Myrine up to handle me?"

Her voice heightened in pitch. "I didn't think you deserved that kind of treatment."

"You'd rather handle me yourself, wouldn't you?"

He put the image in her head. The image of her hand cupping his balls. The image of his cock in her hand as she fed it into her mouth, breathing him in. Tasting his salty cum. Gulping down his rich blood.

She raised her head to the sky, praying for mercy. "I hate you."

"The way you keep looking at me says otherwise."

"Historically, I don't go for men who think I'm dumb and stupid."

He pinched her side, way too smug with himself. "Historically? And you have such a vast and experienced history with men, don't you?"

"Leave me alone already."

He smirked, doing the complete opposite. Through the streets of some Greek island, they walked side by side, underneath the sun on completely different pages.

"You look refreshed."

Her skin was positively glowing. Her long, black hair seemed to shimmer beneath the light, her eyes alight with life. "It's probably thanks to that night away from you."