Blast to the Past

PAST

The sound of a professor lecturing snapped Takemichi into reality, realizing the leap was successful and he was now sitting in a college lecture hall learning about some sort of introductory subject. Looking around the classroom, he hadn't seen a familiar face until he looked behind him seeing a few former Toman members also enrolled in the same class.

Pulling out his phone he glanced down to the wallpaper, seeing a picture of him and Hina from their childhood days. He smiled to himself, putting the phone back into his pocket.

Students began packing up their belongings, making small talk while exiting the lecture hall signifying the end of the lesson. Takemichi grabbed his things, before approaching a familiar face.

"Mikey!"

"Huh? Takemichi you actually came to class. Pigs must be flying," Mikey laughed at his own joke before casually slinging his bag over his shoulder.

"Ha ha, very funny. Do you know where I can find Hina right now?"

"Why would I know? She's your girlfriend. She probably is in that boring chemistry class with Emma. I gotta pick Emma up anyway," Mikey simply shrugged, leading Takemichi of the lecture hall and towards a different building. Takemichi glanced around, people watching while taking in his surroundings.

The campus was beautiful, the students were lively and he could see why he chose to go this route rather than jump right into the workforce. He wasn't always fond of school, but the experience was something he could see himself enjoying.

The two approached the science building, waiting outside of its doors for both Hina and Emma. Takemichi anxiously tapped his foot against the steps waiting to see his childhood lover. It didn't take long before Emma and Hina exited the building, both of their faces lighting up seeing their favorite people.

"Takemichi you actually got up this early? Did you eat the breakfast I left you?"

"Uh, yeah Hina thank you. Sorry for not ever waking up," he awkwardly laughed as he scratched the back of his neck. Hina grabbed his opposite hand interlocking their fingers together lovingly.

"Mikey do you have to go to tutoring later? We all have plans to go downtown after classes today," Emma pouted tugging on her older brothers hoodie.

"Yes Emma I can't miss it, I missed tutoring last time and she gave me an earful."

"Come on just this once."

"I'll come right after I'm done, ok? Speaking of I'll catch you later," Mikey ruffled his sisters hair, abruptly walking off. Takemichi's gaze followed Mikey's figure as Mikey attempted to catch up with someone he had spotted in the crowd exiting the hall.

Mikey grabbed the girl's wrist turning her around to face him. Takemichi's eyes widened seeing Mikey actually pull the girl into a hug, before the girl slightly shoved him off with a smile on her face. His stomach twisted seeing the same girl he woke up next to in bed in the future.

"Michi what's wrong?"

"W-Who is that with Mikey?"

"Mikey's tutor. She's actually pretty cool. I'm surprised you haven't met her yet, he drags her everywhere." Emma gloated, pushing herself in between Hina and Takemichi.

"Don't you think they look cute together?"

"Y/n and Mikey? Are they dating?"

The girls looked at each other before bursting out into complete laughter. Takemichi's face turned red from embarrassment as if he had asked a forbidden question.

"Dating? No way. Mikey doesn't date. They just hang out a lot," Emma shrugged before stepping in front of the couple.

"You guys wanna go grab some lunch down at the cafe? Draken's treat!"

"Of course. Come on Michi," Hina squeezed his hand reassuringly, causing him to switch his attention from Mikey and Y/n to Hina. With a nod, Takemichi gave Hina a smile before accompanying the two girls to the dining hall.

Him and Hina seemed to be in a good place. She was happy, loving and smiling as usual. Even more beautiful than before with her hair longer, and her features even more defined. What had happened? Why'd we break up? Did I do something?

The thoughts continued to ponder in his head.

-

After classes had ended a few of the old gang decided to head out downtown to hit bowling and some food. Takemichi laughed amongst his friends, sitting with Draken, the twins, Mitsuya, Hakkai, Chifuyu as well as Hina, Emma and Yuzuha. It was Hakkai and Draken's turn to bowl, leaving the rest of the group to munch on their bowling alley food and chat.

A voice cleared itself grabbing the groups attention. Takemichi's head snapped up, seeing Mikey standing there holding Y/n by the wrist.

"You actually let him come early? You never let us leave early from tutoring!" Smiley yelled at the girl who stood there somewhat standing behind Mikey.

"Unlike you two, Mikey does his work," Y/n responded back stoically. Mikey snickered to himself while the twins pouted at the girl's remark.

"Wow I see how it is," Smiley nodded his head and crossed his arms.

"Oh cut it out, as long as you guys get good grades on your exams I'm doing my job right."

The girl plopped down in a seat, crossing one leg over the other as she set her bag down next to her. Takemichi couldn't move his gaze from her, questions about her flowing endlessly throughout his brain. As if on cue, Y/n's eyes met his but within an instant she looked away.

Shit I made it too obvious.

"Hey Michi, don't you suck at calculus too? Why don't you let Y/n tutor you?"

"It's fine Mikey I think Hina can h-"

"No no, Y/n's way better at calculus than I am. Y/n can you please help Michi? I'll even pay you to tutor him."

With a shrug, Y/n sat forward a bit uncrossing her legs.

"I don't mind, and don't worry about paying me. Actually, someone order a pitcher and I'm all straight," she smiled before getting up and stealing someone else's turn to bowl.

"Hina, why don't you teach me? I'm already comfortable with you and-"

"No Michi. I already have too much going on as is, it'll be good for both of us if she tutors you," Hina responded a little too aggressively. Takemichi was taken aback by the sudden aggression from Hina, but just kept his mouth shut in front of the others.

does this have anything to do with why we broke up? Is she going through something that I don't know about?

"Michi, my nights are usually super busy with all the people I tutor. Can you meet tomorrow night at like 10? I know it's late and whatnot-"

"No that's fine. Thank you for all your help Y/n," he gave her a small smile earning himself a short nod from her. She sat back down in her seat, while Mikey came back from the food and drink counter carrying a pitcher of beer and a pizza box.

"First round on me," he smiled before setting the food and beer down and sitting next to Y/n. She reached across Mikey, pouring herself some beer and grabbing a slice of pizza. He plucked her forehead, earning a small yelp as she shoved her face with the slice and chugged down some of the beer.

Takemichi raised a brow at her comfortability with Mikey, but shrugged it off figuring she probably had some sort of crush on him.

Why else would they be that close to one another? What's the nature of their relationship with each other?