Heartbreak

I can't. I'm sorry but I can't. I came back to fix all this mess. I'm sorry you have to get involved. I got to know you, and I now see why future me fell for you. You're so selfless. You've made me a better person in such a short amount of time. I see myself becoming a new and improved Takemichi for Hina's sake. And I couldn't be any more grateful for that. But you deserve better. Someone who would give you their all. Someone who'd love you and no one else.

"Y/n, I'm so thankful for you. But... I hope you can understand. I-"

"Just go," she mumbled before Takemichi buried his head in his hands mumbling profanities, as he never intended for anyone to get hurt on this skip back. He couldn't utter another word. He simply just walked out of her apartment standing there leaving her frazzled.

Takemichi made his way back to the frat house, searching for Hina. When he finally noticed her standing in the yard, gazing up at the sky he smiled to himself as he fought back the feeling of his heart breaking inside of his chest. This was what was right. He approached her from behind, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Michi where'd you run off to?"

"I just had to take care of a last minute project. I'm here now. I promise."

-

Takemichi decided his mission was done, he had become this better person for Hina, he had won her heart back and he had made sure that him and Y/n had no chances of being together in the future. He met up with Naoto, filling him in on everything that's happened and ready to go back to where he belongs.

Naoto simply listened not giving any input, but accepting Takemichi's decision. With a small handshake, Michi found himself waking up in the same apartment he woke up in before. This time, Hina was resting comfortably, the picture frame next to the bed now holding a photo of the two of them. He smiled, but wondered what would have changed for Y/n. Was she ok? Did the leap have any effect on her?

There's only one person that he could trust that would know the answer to that. Picking up his phone, he searched through the contacts clicking on the name.

"Michi? What's with the random call?"

"Hey Mikey. I uh. Need to talk to you."

"Michi whatever it is, can it wait? I have some shit I'm doing. Why the fuck did you skip the meeting today?"

"Meeting? What meeting?"

"The Bonten meeting asshole."

"B-Bonten? Mikey I thought that you were done with the gang life!"

"Takemichi... Did you time leap again?"

Mikeys voice suddenly got stern over the phone. Takemichi sighed, covering his face with one hand while holding up his phone to his ear with the other.

"Y-Yeah."

"Fucking idiot. What did you do this time??"

"I uh... Look it'll be easier for you to tell me in person. Do you know what happened to L/n Y/n?"

Mikey stood quiet on the other end of the line. So quiet that it freaked Takemichi out. What had happened to her? Was she okay?

"I'm texting you an address. Meet me there and hurry the fuck up," Mikey wasted no time hanging up the phone on Takemichi. Michi slipped on a jacket and some sneakers and made his way out of the apartment. The address Mikey sent him wasn't too far so he decided to just walk. Mikey had been waiting for him outside the tall building, rolling his eyes as Takemichi approached him.

"You're an idiot you know that?"

"Kinda..."

"What did you change this time?"