Shots

Over the next few weeks, Y/n tutored Takemichi over webcam, since they never seemed to get anything done in person. His grades slowly began to change, not only because of her help but because he was overall more focused.

Although Takemichi was changing in the right ways, something didn't feel right in his relationship with Hina. But he loved her, and he'd fight for the relationship until the end. The future of him being with someone else sat in the back of his mind, and although Y/n was an amazing girl, he had to make sure all the things he did to be with Hina wouldn't go to waste.

Y/n on the other hand, was starting to miss being in his presence. A part of her enjoyed his absent mindedness, his childlike nature even his shy moments. She loved being a part of his growth, and seeing him become a more mature person. Something in her head made her get up from her apartment couch, and make her way over to Takemichi's. She couldn't help but hope that she'd catch him alone, so that she could just be in his space.

Knocking on the door softly, she stood there shoving her hands in her sweatpants pockets. The door opened, Takemichi poking his head out. The two made eye contact, and in that moment both of their hearts swooned at the sight of each other. While one was full on embracing it, the other was pushing it to the deepest parts of them so that they wouldn't even acknowledge it.

"What's up Y/n? Why the sudden visit?"

"Wanted to check on your progress with calc," she lied, raising an eyebrow. He held the door open for her, gesturing for her to come in. She did, taking her shoes off at the door and walking further in to the apartment.

Takemichi grabbed his bag that had been sitting next to the door, and sat next to the girl on the couch. While he was pulling out the calculus assignments and exams, Y/n gazed around the apartment seeing how clean it was.

"Here," he handed the papers over to her. She nodded, taking them and beginning to look them over. She smiled seeing the improved grades, and set them down on the coffee table in front of them.

"Wow you did better than I thought."

"I'm not that stupid."

"That isn't what I said Michi," she mumbled staring at his face. He avoided eye contact, shifting around in his seat. Was he nervous?

Subconsciously, Y/n reached out grabbing Takemichi's hand. His eyes widened, and he completely froze.

"Michi? Are you ok?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know that's why I'm-"

"Hina loved the tattoo idea so much, I got one."

"Huh? Takemichi I was joking," she deadpanned at him. He laughed nervously before taking off his hoodie to show her. There stood a half sleeve on his forearm, displaying an hour glass with some traditional Japanese art.

Y/n reached her hand on, grazing the outline of the tattoo with the tips of her fingers. She glanced up at Takemichi, examining his resting facial expressions.

Takemichi glanced at her, her gaze now falling on his slightly parted lips. He cleared his throat, Y/n's hand immediately retreating back.

"It's really nice Michi. You look... Different," she reassured him with a small smile. He thanked her before putting the papers back in his bag.

"So, I think I kinda owe you dinner. For everything. You really saved my relationship and my grades. You're a really good friend you know?"

Y/n nodded, not making eye contact with him. She stood from the couch, stretching her arms out.

"Come on, I'm craving barbecue."

-

Y/n giggled as she picked up a piece of barbecue meat with her chopsticks, a red hue across her cheeks and her eyes more low than normal. This was the effect of the "few shots" her and Takemichi agreed to take to celebrate him getting his grades up.

Takemichi let out a hiccup, pouring himself another shot and picking it up from the table.

"Michi slow down, we're both really fucking drunk."

"Slow down? I dont think so," he slurred before taking the shot setting the glass right back down onto the table. Y/n continued eating, smiling at a drunk Takemichi.

He watched her closely, as she downed whatever cocktail she had ordered in addition to the shots they were already taking. A drop of liquid seeped from the corner of her mouth down to her chin, and without thinking Takemichi leaned over the table with the built in grill and grabbed her chin gently wiping it away with his thumb.

Y/n's eyes widened at the sudden touch of his hand, it was softer than she expected and warmer than she thought it would have been. The two stayed like that for a moment, just staring at each other. Takemichi suddenly felt his body get extremely warm. Looking down he realized his sweater was awfully close to the grill, the bottom of it igniting in a small flame.

"Shit!"

He quickly took the sweater off, throwing it onto the ground and stomping out the small flame. Y/n stood watching him, holding back a laugh.

"Alright I think we've both had enough, wouldn't you agree?"

"Y-Yeah. I'll go pay the bill," he chuckled nervously as he made his way to the front of the restaurant. Y/n finished the last of the bottle they had purchased, and as she set the bottle down onto the table, she seen Takemichi's phone light up. Hesitantly, she reached over and grabbed it. It was a text from Hina checking up on where he was. His phone background was the two of them while they were younger, and Y/n could feel herself grow jealous of the relationship the two of them had.

She was beginning to fall for the awkward and clumsy black haired doofus, and she didn't know how to handle it. The common sense in her screamed to just let it go, that it was just some sort of phase and that it would pass. But another part of her felt, like Hanagaki could really be the one.

"Hey, you ready to go Y/n?"

"Mhm," she nodded as the both of them gathered their belongings. Y/n stumbled from the table, tripping over her own foot but quickly grabbed onto Michi to get her balance back.

Takemichi's face dropped at the contact of her hands gripping his shirt.

"Let's get you home before you fall on the sidewalk," he joked as he wrapped an arm around her waist guiding her out of the restaurant.