𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

AUSTIN was acting weird

AUSTIN was acting weird. Weirder than usual in that case. Dakota had met her friends up for lunch seeing as she was now ungrounded.

Her parents found out about the whole trip to New York and had stopped her from spending any time with her friends until they deemed fit. So for the past month, Dakota was spending all of her time at home or school.

They didn't even allow her to go to work because they knew she spent time with her friends there. Ally excused her and covered all of her shifts for her since she understood.

Dakota also missed the entire filming of Dez's first professional music video for Austin. Funnily enough, her cousin Kira was also in the music video playing Austin's girlfriend.

The music video had just hit number one so they all went out to celebrate and brought Kira along with them. The only thing was that Austin had been acting extra weird around her.

"Kira can I get you another slice?" Austin asked her.

"Nope. Still good with the four you already gave me." Kira told him.

"Are they too hot? I can blow on them for you." Austin grabbed her plate quickly only for Kira to grab it back.

"That's okay. I'm gonna go grab some napkins." Kira stood up.

"Use my shirt." Austin offered.

"I'll stick with paper napkins, thanks." Kira laughed as she walked away.

"Guys be honest, am I acting weird?" Austin asked the three girls.

"I wouldn't say weird..." Trish started. "I'd say really weird."

"What is up with you?" Dakota furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"She's just so pretty." Austin sighed. "It's throwing off my whole game."

"What you need is someone to subtly talk you up." Ally suggested. "Dakota."

Dakota looked up from her pizza with wide eyes. "What? Why me?"

"You know Austin best." Ally said.

"Oh no I—"

"Please Dakota." Austin pleaded. "She's also your cousin so she'll definitely trust your judgement."

"No. Ever since we were kids, Kira has done the exact opposite of what I say." Dakota informed them. "Kira and I also haven't really talked since we were like ten so I don't think she'd really trust my judgment anyway."

"Please just try."

"Austin—"

"Please!"

"Fine!" Dakota caved as she saw Kira walk back to the group. "You know what I was just thinking about Kira? Just how amazing Austin is? He's funny, talented, awesome dancer, can count to ten in Spanish, has amazing hair... What am I forgetting?"