7

(Reader's POV)

In the morning a bunch of chaos wakes me up. Mostly yelling.

"Michael! Get up! There's school!" William yells, "Elizabeth, go fix your hair! We're not gonna be late today!" then a few seconds of silence, "Where's Evan??"

I climb out of bed and walk over to the door, opening it, "He's in here." I told him.

Will frowns, "Why? You know what, it doesn't matter, he needs to get up for school."

I nod and walk back to the bed, closing the door. Once back beside the bed I lay a hand on Evan's shoulder, "Hey bud..." I shake him a little, "Your dad says you gotta get up."

Evan's eyes flutter open for a second, "I don't want to get up."

"I know, but you have school."

He groans, "I REALLY don't want to go to school."

I shake my head, "Me neither kid."

He sits up, "You go to school?"

I nod, "Yep, so, how about this, you get up and get ready for school andddd, you can ride with me."

Evan immediately jumps up and excitedly rushes out of the room.

Then I see William in the doorway, "I didn't know you were still in school." he says, I shrug, he continues, "Also, I sure hope you were going to ask me if you could take MY son with you."

"Of course." I replied, "Is it okay if he rides with me?"

"Why don't you take all three?" he asks.

I roll my eyes, "Because I only invited Evan, and it's too early for me to listen to Michael being an asshole to his siblings."

William chuckles, "Fair enough."

I grab an outfit out of my bag, and without looking at him I ask, "Oh, do you think you'd be able to spare like, $5?"

"Why?"

"I need gas money." I responded.

He sighs, "Alright dear, I'll leave it on the table for you."

I nod and he walks away. I close and lock the door and quickly get changed into a clean outfit for school. Before opening the door I grab my car keys. When I open the bedroom door I see Evan standing in the hall right outside all ready for school with his shoes on, a sweatshirt, and a school bag.

I smile at him, "You ready to go, bud?"

He nods enthusiastically. Evan and I walk down the stairs and I see the money Will said he would leave on the table, which was $20 instead of the $5 I asked for.

I shrug and grab the money going outside to the car with Evan.

"Miss Y/N, can I sit in the front seat?? Please?? Pretty Please??"

I sigh, "I wouldn't want to get in trouble and not have you be able to come with me again."

He pouts and it makes me feel guilty.

"Ugh, fine. Just this once though."

With a big smile he runs over to my car and jumps in the passenger seat. With a sigh I climb into the driver's seat beside him and start the car.

Once on the road I asked Evan, "Hey bud, two things, I don't know where your school is and do you wanna go get some breakfast at McDonald's before I drop you off?"

"You don't know where the elementary school is?" he asks.

"Oh. Yeah. I'm a bit dumb sometimes." I laugh awkwardly.

Then he realizes what I had previously asked, "MCDONALD'S???" he asks excitedly.

"I'll take that as a yes."

///

After getting breakfast and eating it I dropped Evan off in front of the school where a bunch of kids were waiting to go inside.

"Bye Mo- I mean Miss Y/N!" he calls to me, hopping out of the car and closing the door.

I blink, did he just almost call me Mom? I shake my head and drive myself to school.