10

(Reader's POV)

I wake up to a loud crashing sound from downstairs. I quickly glance at the clock before jumping out of bed. It's 1:00 in the morning. Cautiously I leave the guest room and quietly step down the stairs.

I see Will standing beside the counter laughing at the broken bottle in front of him.

"William?" I ask quietly. Is he drunk?

He quickly looks in my direction, "Oh hello Love! Sorry for waking you!" he slurs and laughs, "You see I was just..." he looks back at the broken bottle, "I don't remember."

I roll my eyes, definitely drunk. I walk off the stairs and grab his arm, dragging him, "Alright buddy, time for bed. I will bring the kids to school tomorrow because there is no way in hell that you'll be sober enough to drive in the morning."

Once up the stairs I open his bedroom door, briefly glancing at the unfamiliar room before guiding Will inside.

"Care to lay down with me Dear?" he asks, trying to sound seductive but failing because of his drunken slurring.

I almost laugh but I just reply, "No, try again when you're not drunk." and with that I close the door. Then I head back downstairs to clean up the mess he made with the broken bottle and the other empty bottles around downstairs. I sigh, "This man is gonna drink himself to death."

///

The next morning I hear the kids getting ready to go to school and I get ready myself. When I get downstairs Elizabeth looks at me with a worried look on her face, "Miss Y/N! Daddy hasn't woken up yet and we have school!!"

"You guys are all riding with me this morning, so you guys can go get in my car." I responded.

Elizabeth and Evan looked excited but Michael groaned, "That's totally unfair!"

I just pat him on the shoulder, "Sorry bud, next time I'll take just you, I promise."

After I drop all the kids off at school I take a deep breath and head to my own school. When I arrive at school and get out of my car a few stuck up kids are waiting by the walkway. I try my best to walk around them but one of them grabs my arm, "Heya nerd, saw you drop off some kids. Those your kids you fucking whore?"

I roll my eyes, "How the fuck would I have kids that old at 19 dumbass. If they were mine I would've had them at 9."

"Don't talk to me like that." The kid holding onto my arm growls, their grip tightening.

I glare at them, "Let me go."

The kid looks at their friends then looks at me with a smirk, "No. How about you come with us and we'll have some fun-"

Fear courses through me, I try yanking my arm out of their grasp, fighting as much as I can. Then I hear it.

"Let her go." says a hoarse voice laced with a British accent.

I look back to see William, his eyes filled with anger. The kid lets go of my arm and takes a step back. Without thinking I run to Will and wrap my arms tightly around him and I start to cry, "I have no fucking clue why you're here but I am so glad that you are."

He doesn't respond to me apart from returning the hug.

The kids start laughing, "Look guys, it's Y/N's grandpa!"

That does it, Will gently pushes me aside and starts walking over to the kids. They instantly stop laughing. "Listen here, kids, all of your parents are probably older than me. Now leave my girlfriend alone before you go 'missing.'"

I blush at the fact that he called me his girlfriend, he didn't even ask. I also know that his threats are real.

The kids nod nervously and Will turns back to me and walks over. He pulls my wallet out of his pocket and hands it to me, "Thought you might need this."

I grabbed it hesitantly, "Why'd you say I was your girlfriend?" I ask.

He shrugs, "Just made more sense than explaining everything."

I nod slowly, "Right. Uh, I'll see you later at work." I say, slipping past him, "Oh, and thanks for bringing my wallet!" I call out as I rush into the school to avoid being late.

As I walk through the halls people stare at me and whisper, "Did you hear that she's dating an old man?" I hear a girl whisper to her friend. They start making jokes about it and laughing between themselves.

I looked at the girl who whispered, "How old are your parents?"

She tilts her head at me, "Huh?"

"I asked you, how old are your parents?"

She blinks, "Oh, uh, my mom is 38 and my dad is 41. Why?"

"Because the 'old man' you're talking about is only 29. So your parents must be ANCIENT." Not giving her a chance to respond, I turn and walk off.