16

Hey! Nova here! So sorry for those of you who have been waiting for an update! I've just been trying to manage my last year of highschool thus far and trying to plan for college too (kinda trying to get out of the U.S. tbh). Anyway enough of me, you have a story to continue reading <3•

(Reader's POV)

I open my eyes, and as soon as I do I know that I am certainly dreaming.

"I don't understand you." The girl I always see states.

I stare at the young girl before me, observing the frown she wears.

She stands there waiting for some sort of reaction from me.

"I don't understand me either." I respond nonchalantly with a shrug.

The girl rolls her eyes, "Any normal person would listen to what I have to say. You won't ever help anyone if you stay on the track you're on."

"What am I realistically supposed to do? Hmm? It's not my job to 'save' people." I scoff

"Not even if it's saving the people you care about? The people you love?"

I blink, "What do you mean?"

She smirks knowing that I'm actually listening to what she has to say for once, "You are aware that all of the Afton's are going to die, right?"

"Everybody dies, dumbass. That's life."

The girl glares at me, "I hope you have to watch them suffer. Just know, the little one will be the first to go."

I abruptly wake up to a loud noise. I sit up quickly, looking around. I notice William sleeping soundly beside me so I know the noise wasn't him.

Cautiously, I climb off the bed and approach the door. The closer I get I begin to hear crying. Worried, I open the door, only to see a dark empty hallway. The crying only gets louder as I exit William's room and silently close the door behind me.

I follow the sound to my room, hearing sniffles in the dark. Reaching out into the darkness of the room I flip on the light switch.

Evan sits in the center of my bed crying, tightly holding a worn Fredbear plush to his chest. As soon as the lights turn on he looks up at me, his face red and drenched in tears. He almost instantly springs from the bed and runs to me, "Mummy! You're okay! I thought they took you!" He sobs out, holding onto me.

I look at him with worry. I crouch down in front of him to be more on his level. Gently placing my hand on his shoulder I say, "it's alright Evan. I'm still here, but what do you mean you 'thought they took me'? Who are 'they'?"

Evan looks at me with a scared look, "The monsters! The ones that come to get me at night!"

I sigh in relief that it wasn't a real threat, he must have had a nightmare that felt a little too real. I know how that feels.

In an attempt to calm the terrified child in front of me I give him a hug. "Hey, it's okay honey, okay? I am right here and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon," I say in a soothing tone as I gently rub his back.

Evan tightly hugs me back, slowly relaxing in my arms. "Mummy?"

"Yeah?"

He backs out of my grasp to look me in the eye, "I don't want the monsters to get me..."

I look at him sympathetically, "You are going to be just fine Evan. I promise," I hold out my pinky, "pinky promise."

He shakily locks his small pinky with mine, "Pinky promise?"