11

(Reader's POV)

When I get to work after school I'm greeted by Henry.

"Hello Miss Y/N."

I wave, "Hi Mr. Emily..."

He looks at me, "Please, call me Henry. Are you okay?"

I nod and sigh, "Just a busy day."

"Will said you were being bullied this morning so I just wanted to check in."

I roll my eyes, "At this point who DOESN'T know? Uh, Yeah, I guess I was lucky that William showed up when he did. But now, everyone at my school thinks I'm a slut and dating a dilf."

Henry frowns, "Why do they think that?"

I open my mouth to respond when I get interrupted by Will, "Oh Y/N! Hello love! Glad to see you're okay!"

"Oh," is all Henry has to say, "If he ever bothers you too much just let me know." Henry whispers to me before walking away.

William comes over and hugs me, "I was just on my way to pick up the kids, they're going to hang out here today because Michael seems incompetent to babysit his siblings."

I shake my head, "Y'know, sometimes you're an asshole."

He frowns, "What?"

"Michael is a much better kid than you give him credit for." I tell him

He grumbles something under his breath then he smiles at me again, "Care to come with me?"

I roll my eyes, "I literally just got here because, y'know, this is my job?"

"And I'm your boss. Your point?" William replies casually.

With a sigh I just nod, "Whatever..."

"Great!" He says clapping his hands together, "Let's go."

///

Will and I are sitting in the car outside the school, waiting for his kids.

"Why?" I ask randomly.

"Why what darling?"

"I'm just thinking and I just want to know why you are so aggressive towards Michael."

Will frowns at me, "He's horribly irresponsible. I wouldn't be surprised if his siblings died in his care. He'll probably grow up to be a criminal."

I laugh abruptly then quickly cover my mouth, "Sorry-"

"What was so funny about what I said?"

I shake my head, "It's just- What you just said sounds like what my dad said about me."

"Isn't your dad in jail though?" Wiliam asks.

I roll my eyes, "Before he was in jail, before my sister died, he was talking to my mom late at night thinking none of us were awake." I notice kids beginning to flow out of the school, "Oh, we should stand outside so they know we're here."

William nods and we both climb out of the car.

Evan is the first kid to pop out of the crowd and he immediately notices me. He darts toward me completely ignoring his father, "Mummy!" he yells happily wrapping his arms around me. I chuckle but his yelling drew everyone's attention and now they're all staring at me.

"Hey buddy!"I respond, ignoring the staring, "Y'know your dad is here, right?"

Evan backs up and blinks, noticing his father, "Oh! Hi daddy." he says hugging William.

Elizabeth comes running over screeching, "MISS Y/N! DADDY! HI!!"

I smile, "Hiya Lizzy!"

"Good afternoon, Elizabeth." responds William as Evan lets go of him.