8

(Reader's POV)

After my school is done I drive to the pizzeria and walk inside. It's not quite as busy as usual, but it's still busy. I notice William talking to a man on the far side of the room, then we make eye contact. I watch as William excuses himself from the conversation and begins walking over to me.

"Y/N! Darling, you're not scheduled today, you don't have to be here."

I blush, embarrassed, "I uh- I didn't know how comfortable you'd be with me being at your house while you're not there..."

He places a hand on my shoulder, "It's fine, go home dear, I'm sure the kids would also appreciate your company."

I blush more when I see people staring at us, "O-okay-"

Will guides me over to the door then smirks, "See you later Love." and with that he walks off, resuming his previous conversation with the man.

I rush out the door and to my car. First Evan almost called me mom, and Will's calling me "love"? WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING??

I drove around town for a bit to calm down. I even considered stopping back at my moms house, but I decided if I were going to do that I wasn't going alone. With that thought I drove back to William's house.

As soon as I step through the door Elizabeth and Evan run over to me screeching and crying, "MISS Y/N!! HELP!! MIKEY HAS A SPIDER!!!!!!"

I hear Michael laughing from the living room, I sigh, walking forward, Evan and Elizabeth attached to my legs, and sure enough Michael is standing in the living room holding a small spider by its legs.

I glared at him, "Michael, go put that spider outside, or I'll hang you up by YOUR legs."

He blinks, "You wouldn't."

"Wanna bet?"

Michael shakes his head and heads for the door to bring the spider outside.

Evan looks up at me, "How'd you do that? Even daddy when he's being scary can't do that..."

I shrug, "I dunno kid."

"Thank you Michael." I say when I see him come back in.

He scoffs, "Whatever."

///

It's been two hours and suddenly there's knocking on the door. I looked at all the kids and they looked confused. I walk up to the door and open it to See a woman maybe a year or two older than William.

"Hello?" I ask.

She frowns, "Who the hell are you?"

I open my mouth to respond but Elizabeth peeks out from behind me, "Oh! Hi mummy!" she squeaks. Squeezing past me to hug the woman, "This is Y/N, mummy!"

The woman glares at me, "What are you, like, the babysitter?"

I gulp, "W-what? No- I work at the pizzeria..."

"Then what are you doing here? With my kids? Where's William?"

Elizabeth looks at her mother, "Daddy's at work! And Y/N lives here with us!"

If looks could kill, I'd be dead right now from the look the woman is giving me, "So William's going after young sluts now?"

I scoff but this time Michael stands up for me, "Y/N is not a slut, Mom."

"What's a slut?" Evan asks, tugging on my shirt. I shake my head.

"That's not something you need to know, kid."

"Kids, go pack up, you're coming with me." The woman growls.

All three kids stare at her. "What do you mean?" Elizabeth asks, confused.

"Just do what I say!" She snaps. This woman will not be safe for these kids, and I think they know that because Elizabeth takes a step back from the woman and grabs my hand.

Michael frowns, "We're not going with you."

"I am your mother!" she screeches.

I've heard that recently....

Evan speaks up for himself to everyone's surprise, "Miss Y/N is my new Mommy even if she isn't dating Daddy. I'm not going with you, Clara." Then he wraps his arms around my leg.

I blush at this but it INFURIATES "Clara."

Then I put a serious face on, "Listen lady, I don't know who you are, and frankly I don't give two shits. I am repaying William's kindness back by taking care of these kids. These children are currently under MY care while their father is at work. And don't pull the whole 'I'm their mother!' shit. Because I've heard enough of that from my own mother, who I've recently escaped, not that you'd care. Without William I'd be living in my car in the parking lot of the pizzeria. Now, both the kids and I have spoken, so please leave." and with that I close the door in the woman's face and lock it.

"Damn..." Michael says, "You're almost scarier than dad-"

I rub my sweaty shaking hands together, "Y-yeah... Uh..." I walk over to the phone on the wall and the kids run upstairs to play or cause chaos or something. Cautiously I grab the phone and dial up the pizzeria.

"Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, how can I help you?" answers a familiar voice.

"M-Mr. Emily... Uh, is Mr. Afton still there? It's Y/N." I ask.

"Yep. Just a second." A pause.

"Are you alright, Love?" sounds Will's voice through the phone.

I sigh, "Uh- I- I guess, if you count fighting a woman over your kids as alright?"

He pauses, "Clara showed up?"

"If that was her name, yes. The kids said it was their mother, and she was very angry to see me... Uh, and then she tried taking the kids..."

"She didn't though?" he asks, "I swear to god if she took my kids-"

"No- NO, goodness, The kids refused to go with her and I refused to let her take them as well."

"Good." he says plainly, "Did she anything else? Get physically violent or verbally aggressive toward you?"

I blink, remembering what she called me, "N-no... N-nothing."

I hear him sigh, "I don't believe that. Anyway, Y/N, Dear, I'll be home in about half an hour. In regards to food just let the kids make sandwiches, you can have whatever you want. We'll talk later."

"Okay."

And with that the phone call ended. I notice the kids sitting on the stairs.

Elizabeth tilts her head at me, "Why didn't you tell daddy that she called you a mean name?"

"It's just not that important...." I responded quietly, "ANYWAY, your father said make sandwiches for dinner, so what do y'all want?"