9

(Reader's POV)

After making them all their sandwiches which overall took 20 minutes. I make myself one. As the kids are finishing their sandwiches Will walks through the door and I wave.

Lizzy jumps up and hugs him, "Hi daddy!"

"Hello Elizabeth," he says calmly.

Elizabeth looks back at me and smiles, "Thank you for the sandwich Miss Y/N!" then she runs upstairs, Michael doing the same.

Evan finishes his sandwich last, and instead of running right up the stairs like his siblings he gives me a hug, "Thanks mum." and then he follows his siblings up the stairs.

"'Mum'?" I hear Will ask behind me, "Since when does he call you that?"

I turn around very quickly, blushing, "I don't really know... He almost said it this morning, and- and-"

Will smiles, "You're flustered, huh, cute."

My face heats up more, "I-"

He walks over to the table pulling out a chair then sitting in the one beside it, "Sit Darling."

I decide not to argue and sit down facing him.

He leans toward me, "Now, Love, what did Clara say to you?"

I look away, "Nothing."

Using his hand he moves my head back to face him, "I don't believe you. Did she insult you? Did she become physically violent? I just want to know if you're alright Dear."

I shake my head, "S-she said I was a slut. She doesn't even know me! What makes her think she has the right to make those judgements?"

William responds by pulling me into a hug, "She doesn't have that right." he whispers.

I laugh, "Who would've thought, murder man cares."

He lets go of me and looks me in the eye, "Only sometimes." Then he leans back in his chair, "Now, Darling, I believe you owe me an explanation of something."

I tilt my head, "What do you mean?"

"You said that the murder you witnessed me doing was not the first you've seen."

I blink, "Oh, yeah," I laugh, "Man is that a story."

"Do tell."

"I framed my dad. My dad got arrested for the murder of my sister. I know who actually did it." I blurt out.

William stares at me, "Well you must've really wanted to protect who did it then.."

I look at my feet, "I suppose. We all have self preservation instincts, don't we?"

"Did the person threaten you?" he asks.

I look up at him and laugh, "Oh god no. I just didn't want to go to jail at 10 years old."

He smirks, "So you're a murderer too."

"Hmm, not really. More of a... jealous sibling." he looks at me skeptically, I sigh, looking around the room before standing up, "Uh, maybe I should go lay down..."

Will stands up as well but grabs my arm to prevent me from walking away, then he pulls me closer to him. I blush immensely. Then, seemingly out of nowhere he leans down and kisses me leaving me flustered, "Good night Love." he says, walking to the living room.

Very confused, I walked up the stairs. At the top I noticed that Michael's bedroom light was still on so I knocked gently on the door and pushed it open. Inside his room is a disaster of clothes and garbage but he's just sitting on his bed with a sketchbook in front of him and a pencil in his hand.

"You draw?" I ask, getting his attention. Quickly he tries to hide his sketchbook from me.

"O-oh, uh, Y/N... please don't tell anyone..."

I nod, kinda confused, "Okay, I guess. Anyway, just wanted to know if you'd want a ride to and from school with me."

He nods enthusiastically, "Okay."

I nod in return, "HOWEVER, there is a cost."

"A cost?"

"I want to get some of my stuff from my mom's house but if I go alone she won't let me leave." I explained.

"Why don't you just ask Dad?" Michael asks.

I roll my eyes, "Fine." I say closing his door.

"Wait!" Michael calls out, "Can I still ride with you tomorrow?"

"Sure."

After that interaction I head to the guest room and lay down letting myself drift to sleep.

I open my eyes and I'm in the pizzeria. I look around confused, why am I here? I look around, no one is here... Suddenly a little girl appears in front of me.

I yelp and jump back a little, it's the girl I watched William murder, "W-what do you want?"

She stares at me, "You could have saved me."

I blink, "What?"

"You had the opportunity to be a hero Y/N! You could've saved me and gotten him arrested!"

I rolled my eyes, "Kid, I dunno what power you think I have over a man twice my size."

"Maybe nothing but you must know what you CAN prevent." she states.

"The zombie apocalypse?" I ask sarcastically.

"Careful with Michael."

"Oh so now it's Michael and not William? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Don't be so damn cryptic."